Author Topic: [FIXED] [6284] Old autoplaylists do not refresh to display newly added albums  (Read 2542 times)

theta_wave

My autoplaylist below is nothing exotic.  In the past (a few days and versions ago), MB would auto-refresh the playlist in the following scenario:

1) Select tracks in the inbox to import into my MB library (only 1 library)
2) Organize files (add to library is checked)
3) Select the genre autoplaylist the newly imported album is likely to be found
4) See newly imported album in autoplaylist and listen

Now,

1) Select tracks in the inbox to import into my MB library (only 1 library)
2) Organize files (add to library is checked)
3) Select the genre autoplaylist the newly imported album is likely to be found
4) Delete autoplaylist or modify autoplaylist (i.e. remove a criteria)
5) Recreate autoplaylist or re-add removed criteria from step 4.
6) See newly imported album in autoplaylist and listen

It appears that there's these .snap files in under the playlist folder that don't get updated when a new album is imported into MB (modify date timestamps don't change since the time starting up MB [is this why MB appears to have slower startups these days?]).  I never noticed these snap files before because I never had any reason to check the playlist folder under file explorer in the past several months.

Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SmartPlaylist SaveStaticCopy="False" Layout="1" CustomSettingsName="AT_Default" ShuffleMode="None" ShuffleSameArtistWeight="0.5" MinimumArtistGap="0" GroupBy="track" ConsolidateAlbums="False" MusicLibraryPath="D:\Music\MusicBee\">
  <Source Type="1">
    <Description />
    <Conditions CombineMethod="Any">
      <Condition Field="GenreSplits" Comparison="Is" Value="Jazz" />
      <Condition Field="Custom1" Comparison="Contains" Value="Jazz" />
    </Conditions>
    <Limit FilterDuplicates="False" Enabled="False" Count="25" Type="Items" SelectedBy="Random" />
    <DefinedSort Id="6" />
    <Fields>
      <Group Id="AlbumAndTracks">
        <Field Code="40" Width="200" />
        <Field Code="20" Width="212" />
        <Field Code="78" Width="0" />
        <Field Code="86" Width="42" />
        <Field Code="65" Width="474" />
        <Field Code="75" Width="94" />
        <Field Code="76" Width="48" />
        <Field Code="14" Width="44" />
        <Field Code="16" Width="70" />
      </Group>
    </Fields>
  </Source>
</SmartPlaylist>
Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:36:15 PM by theta_wave

Steven

• Administrator
if you have .snap files that means you have configured the auto-playlist to not refresh

theta_wave

if you have .snap files that means you have configured the auto-playlist to not refresh
There was never a setting when creating autoplaylists in the past (most of them created on 1/27/2016).  It now defaults to non-refreshing autoplaylists, which (I hate to be this frank, especially with you Steven) is absurd considering how autoplaylists behave in iTunes, Mediamoney and JRiver Media Center for decades.  I blame the user who has taken you for a ride over this more than you.

See post here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20113.msg125637#msg125637

Steven

• Administrator
for new auto-playlists it should default "automatically refresh the matching tracks" as ticked which it does for me and how its coded.
Can you reconfirm that it doesnt for you? I would find it very strange if that was the case
For existing auto-playlists, again it should not change the old behavior ie. the user would have to untick the option themselves

edit:
looking at the code i can see for users who created the auto-playlist with v3.0, it would default the autoplaylist incorrectly so i will fix that
Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:10:39 AM by Steven

theta_wave

edit:
looking at the code i can see for users who created the auto-playlist with v3.0, it would default the autoplaylist incorrectly so i will fix that
Bingo.  Replacing old autoplaylists settings 'SaveStaticCopy="False" Layout="1"' with 'SaveStaticCopy="False" LiveUpdating="True" Layout="1"' is easy enough with any competent text editor, however experiencing this bug (defaulting old dynamic autoplaylists to static autoplaylists) first hand was an unpleasant experience.  Nor do I expect less knowledgeable users to figure out this sort of editing for themselves.  Anyways, I do not expect using the latest beta version of any software is always going to be smooth sailing as it often is with MB betas.

Steven

• Administrator
this has the fixed defaulting:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

you wont need to edit any of your auto-playlists unless you saved them in the last week

theta_wave

this has the fixed defaulting:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

you wont need to edit any of your auto-playlists unless you saved them in the last week
Confirming that the issue wrt to autoplaylists created in v3.0 has been fixed in the 6286 patch and their associated .snaps automatically removed.  I still intend to do a perform a mass inclusion of 'LiveUpdating="True"' to my old autoplaylists in hopes of futureproofing them from any bugs down the line.