thanks for providing detailed instructions and your settings file.
however i cant reproduce the bug with those. Maybe this is the key step that needs more explaination on what you did:
However, if you alter the "Now Playing" list that was present when MusicBee first started up (say, by adding some more songs to it)also it might be helpful (not essential) if you posted a screenshot of how it looks after the bug occurs
Ah, you are quite correct in saying that it cannot be reproduced simply by the details I gave there. In attempting to kinda storyboard this out for you now (since I'm terrible at explaining myself), I realised that there is a crucial step I was missing that causes this. There is also a far more problematic issue as part of this bug that I had not previously noted. Apologies; that truly was a terrible bug report.
It has nothing to do with adding or removing items from the Now Playing queue - it's sorting
the queue that breaks things big time for me. It also has nothing to do with whether MusicBee has just been opened, or was already open and has been used for a period of time. The action is also significantly more involved; there are admittedly a number of specific actions that triggers this, some breaking consistently, while other actions cause it to only occur once(!!).
1) Open MusicBee from a cold-start, or access an already running process.
2) Go to the "Now Playing" tab. Mine looks like this: https://brutix.uk/s/WtrGWDgNj8mdYd4
3) At this point, with the settings described in my first post, I can double-click on any track and have it play properly without any duplication of the entry in the queue.
*) Now this is where I went wrong previously. At this point, I had gone into the main Music Library in MusicBee, added some tracks to the Now Playing queue, and then sorted the order of the Now Playing queue. I had ignored the relevance of sorting the list, and erroneously assumed that adding the tracks was the cause. As such, in the scenarios described below, I have now completely avoided adding tracks to the queue, as I found that adding tracks without sorting the Now Playing queue afterwards resulted in the bug not occurring at all.
Divergence There appear to be a number of separate paths that cause this issue to occur. All actions below imply using the configuration outlined in my first post.
A1) In the "Now Playing" tab as shown above, double-click a track to play it. It will play without issue.
A2) Click one of the column headers in the "Now Playing" tab to sort by that column.
A3) Double-click on a track to play it and it will duplicate the track's entry in the queue: https://brutix.uk/s/GMITK7Q95UjTgNF
A4) If you now double-click on any other track in the queue, it will return to playing properly without duplicating the track. This will continue to work properly until such time as you change the sort order again.
B1) See step "A1".
B2) Right click on one of the column headers in the "Now Playing" tab, select "Sort By", then select any option. See screenshot (in mine, I have used a custom sort order, but this will occur with any option in the "Sort By" menu): https://brutix.uk/s/bmd8Jwe6lT0874i
B3) See step "A3".
B4) However, this time, if you double-click on any other track, it will also duplicate that track (and any further tracks you double-click on). See: https://brutix.uk/s/snybIpIdNjqOmpb
B5) If you right click on a track and select "Play Now" ( https://brutix.uk/s/DSCgOZGvmwjFC1T
), it will play correctly without duplication: https://brutix.uk/s/jQNm8l2LFNQyWIr
C1) Unlike steps A1 & B1, select a sort order first by clicking on any of the column headers.
C2) Now double-click on the track to be played, and not only does it duplicate the track, but it seems to add the duplicated entry in a somewhat random location (I've had it add the duplicate much further away from the original than what's displayed here): https://brutix.uk/s/pjHsywvKAQvm7lP
C3) Double-clicking on further tracks will act as step A4.
D1) As in step C1, select the sort order first, but using the right click menu as in step B2.
D2) Unlike step C2, playing a track here only results in track duplication without the additional entry being added in a random place.
D3) See step "B4".FURTHER ISSUE:
I'm having trouble reproducing this one consistently, but this seems to occur when operating like steps B2/D2 (ie: right-clicking on the column header and using "Sort By"). If you then later select some tracks in the Now Playing queue and press the delete key to remove them from the Now Playing queue, it may do one of the following things:
1) Work correctly - the highlighted tracks are removed from the Now Playing queue (in fairness, it does work sometimes)
2) Only deletes some of the highlighted tracks, but also deletes other tracks from the queue at random.
3) Doesn't delete any
of the highlighted tracks, instead deleting other tracks from the queue at random.
I'm really sorry that I can't seem to narrow this last part down; it's probably the most important issue!
Finally to note that all of the above issues are "reset" if you restart MusicBee completely (at least, until you sort the queue again).