Author Topic: [6280] Embedded lyrics being automatically exported as .txt and wiped from tags.  (Read 1804 times)

theta_wave

I don't know if this a bug or feature, but I noticed how MB would export embedded lyrics as text files and place them in the album folder named after the corresponding track's filename upon the initial playing of any track from said album.  The embedded lyrics are wiped from the process.  

Now, I'm rather ambivalent to embedded lyrics (I know some of you here care about them), but I do instruct minilyrics to only download time-synced lrc files and I prefer not to have lyric text files populating my album folders.  Am I missing a new setting that corrects this behavior?

Steven

• Administrator

theta_wave

I believe this will solve my issue.  I'll report back here if any issues arise from that setting.  Thanks!

theta_wave

Actually, I remember why I had set the setting to "save as an external file" initially over a year ago.  I was under the (mistaken?) assumption this setting will force MB to look in the album directory and find the .lrc files minilyrics imported.  I guess MB does this by default where it checks to see if there's any .txt or .lrc files with the same filename as the song and, if present, will display one of them in the lyrics panel.  Are lrc files prioritized over txt files when displaying lyrics?