Author Topic: Problems with Musicbee  (Read 3658 times)

Davids1lilpixie

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
I installed Musicbee last at the beginning of last week from Musicbee's own website and have had nothing but trouble since.  On the very day I installed it, it gave me an error a "thrown an exception error".  Upon advice to other players from a couple of years back (On the forums), I had my Husband add Musicbee as an exception to Advantage Systems Care which we have installed on both of our computers.  I will also note we have Superantispyware and Ccleaner installed as well, all of which I do run regularly.   Nonetheless, after he did the exception thingy, it did seem to fix it at first.  But a day later, it was back to its old tricks and gave me the same error message.  In desperation and since I'm not the computer tech my Husband is, I experimented and tried reinstalling Musicbee from the WinZip file over the file already installed, and that did, and does, "fix it" on a temporary basis.   However, it's pretty much on a daily basis now that I'm having to reinstall Musicbee from my winzip file otherwise it refuses to play and gives me the "thrown an exception" error message.  This is whole gobbledlygook of the error message:

4/23/2017 2:17:00 PM - 10.0.14393.0 - 3.0.6276.35911 - url: E:\Spuds documents\My Music\Forest Of Shadows Where Dreams Turn Into Dust and Demo\06 - Rainroom.mp3
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=qY4z7K8pGBUKxA1ZJnpLgjw==' threw an exception. ---> System.ApplicationException: Unable to load 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBeeBass.dll'
   at #=qIp1rp4Q03JibZug97yjZ0A==.#=q9RitSl_$yvigHuc90R3Um6K$IQlwYNhCDz$mHnYa$LY=(String #=qN4qnYVr3fxdhzs4ng40PeA==)
   at #=q75Fcw2qCrhKK8anfMTJshw==.#=qY4z7K8pGBUKxA1ZJnpLgjw==..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=q75Fcw2qCrhKK8anfMTJshw==.#=qY4z7K8pGBUKxA1ZJnpLgjw==.#=qjlkEENkgfq1Xe9EilcX4Tmp7OSsLOaQr5OCo1Iq$OHye5LBs_UN279ih2O0MUx8b(Int32 #=qFflx6sdpMDJUHQtWTEzTyw==)
   at #=qfsXT4FRZb3$5jZMBJJ9UlN1T3X2YAT41ObalFbTfxg8=.#=qVyHx$vAH0mRXsfTplhV7Yw==.#=qA$RVl2WydHyyLO6W2X4rQw==(Boolean #=qzBxoM5FBGtnWfIF4uZPaxg==)
   at #=qfsXT4FRZb3$5jZMBJJ9UlN1T3X2YAT41ObalFbTfxg8=.#=qVyHx$vAH0mRXsfTplhV7Yw==.#=qKRE3704HR8PxTv699mOCgQ==()
   at #=qfsXT4FRZb3$5jZMBJJ9UlN1T3X2YAT41ObalFbTfxg8=.#=q6vXfgQIceQIsAnsiYw2HYA==(Object #=qJiJ79fhkxZpJR2p4eeTxyg==)

While I'm glad that reinstalling Musicbee from WinZip does get it to work, lol, it'd be nice if I didn't have to do it all.  Can someone help?  Thanks

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9239
Welcome to the forum.

Two things to try...

1- Try the latest patch version which you can get from my sig. Just unzip and overwrite.

2- If the problem continues after updating to 3.1, add (or have your husband add) 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBeeBass.dll to your security software's whitelist.

Please report back with your results.
Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:41:57 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4579
i also suspect that it had happened due to av

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34258
Welcome to the forum.

Two things to try...

1- Try the latest patch version which you can get from my sig. Just unzip and overwrite.

2- If the problem continues after updating to 3.1, add (or have your husband add) 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBeeBass.dll to your security software's whitelist.

Please report back with your results.
just regarding this suggestion, i suggest you put MusicBee.exe in the whitelist as well

Davids1lilpixie

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
I am returning with Musicbee problems 2.0 lol. My husband added Musicbee to Advantage Systemcares whitelist, downloaded the patch from the provided link and did his computer thing with the zip file as instructed. And it did work. For about 12 hours before it went back to its old tricks.  I am still getting the "thrown an exception error" messages and having to reinstall Musicbee over that is already installed. I'm the first to admit that I'm no computer person but is it possible that Win 10 is the problem? I ask because Windows 10 has given me NOTHING but trouble from day one.  Sigh. Any suggestions? Lol, I'm just glad I can get it to work by reinstalling! :D

boroda

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4579
i'm using win 10 with mb 3.1 without any problems.

Davids1lilpixie

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Lol well I'm glad you are but that fact remains I downloaded Musicbee from Musicbee's own website and while I glad I can "reinstall" when it throws an exception, there's still something wrong with it, even after the fixes were applied. Lol I kinda thought someone might wanna know.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34258
The error message is because "'C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBeeBass.dll" does not exist or because its not accessible for the account you are logged into.
It seems pretty obvious to me your security software is behind this and that you will need to figure out the solution to that yourself, perhaps by asking how to whitelist an application on the appropriate forum.
I am going to lock this thread