Author Topic: Anyone else having slowness (?) / issues with inbox/lib detecting file changes ?  (Read 1530 times)

alec.tron

Heya.
I changed a few file names, so usually when that happens, I then restart MB, wait for the Remove From Library Confirmation dialogue to pop up (which usually takes about 30-90 seconds), then confirm to remove the files from library, go to inbox where the files with new names appear (usually after the pop up f removal confirmation), send to library & fix playlists if any were affected...

Now, after I updated to 3.1.6279 a few days ago, something is off with the library scan.
As is, I'm 20 minutes after the rename of files & the MB restart, and neither does MB detect the removed files, nor the newly added ones (same files under new name...).
It could be just slower... but I have a hunch something failed silently...
Does anyone else see similar things ?

Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Interesting... I just wanted to see what happens if I trigger a re-read on the removed files, and turns out, MB actually has detected that the files are gone &  marked them with a (!)... but no removal dialogue popped up....?!
And the Inbox still hasn't detected the new files either...
Strange.
c.

ps.
to do some more testing, I also just updated to latest patch 3.1.6283 and relocated the missing files by hand for each renamed file (double click, confirm, point to same file w new name, rinse & repeat).
However there's still one extra track now as I split out a hidden track, which is not picked up by the inbox w 3.1.6283 neither.

Since there's rather big differences in time-it-takes... what's the difference between the algorithm/scan that queries for library/file changes (which usually took 30-90 seconds) VS a 'Rescan All Files' (which takes ~10 Minutes+) ?
Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:40:00 AM by alec.tron

alec.tron

After several restarts & a few more duplicated dummy tracks, and nothing appearing in the inbox anymore (not after 'Rescan All Files' neither), could this thread be moved to the bugs section please ?
Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Is no one else having/seeing this issue ?

Even more bizarrely, today it started to pass the new files to the inbox again all of a sudden... but, it has not flagged the missing files yet which are still marked with a (!).
I now added a few new dummy files and deleted a few I meant to get rid of anyway as well... curious if/when those will be noticed.

Would anyone have an idea what could grind the so far very reliable library monitoring & inbox-ing to a halt ?

Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Hm, the newly removed files are detected upon MB restart within just a few seconds again...
So looks like a ghost/glitch, but would be very curious what might cause this, as the library monitoring & inbox-ing is one of the main features I switched to MB for.
Cheers.
c.