Author Topic: RatingPlayMode  (Read 1101 times)

JoePl

Hi there,

i have been using musicbee for a long time, it’s doing great. thanks

Idea 1.
the reason why i write is about a feature that would be nice to have. some albums have songs that are not my taste, but i still like to listen them now and then. so i think a feature that lets me choose to play songs above 1 or 2 stars rating (adjustable), but follows the song numbers as usual.
For now, i can sort it from 5 to 1 star but then it’s getting messy since it sorts different albums together. a feature would make things easy.  
the feature is meant to jump 1 song a head. maybe an option to give it a specific amount of time, like 1 -5s would be great for songs, that were connected in flow but would not fit the melody after a jump.

Idea2.
For rating, it’s been tricky. At the bottom, there is a short popup, can it be transformed so rating can be done there directly if wished by the user. (taskbar popup, and preview popup down right) for now I need to go to musicbee and do it there. That slows my work down a bit.  

Another thing:
sometime musicbee keeps silent when i use other software that uses asio output etc... you might want to look into, it won’t output any music since it says output not available or so. i don’t remember very well, can there be a way to configure audio output from within musicbee? So it claims the output back.

Friendly regards joel

Steven

• Administrator
some albums have songs that are not my taste, but i still like to listen them now and then. so i think a feature that lets me choose to play songs above 1 or 2 stars rating (adjustable), but follows the song numbers as usual.
For now, i can sort it from 5 to 1 star but then it’s getting messy since it sorts different albums together. a feature would make things easy.  
the feature is meant to jump 1 song a head. maybe an option to give it a specific amount of time, like 1 -5s would be great for songs, that were connected in flow but would not fit the melody after a jump.
not sure if its exactly what you want but check out playlist mixers on the wiki

JoePl

hi Steven, i have tested this and it is fairly complicated. i cannot make it to produce the result i am looking for,

let’s say i open musicbee, interpret: (Bryan Adams) i have 5 albums, with each about 10 songs. this is now seen in the middle.
the way it works is when i double press on song 21 all the 50 songs get added to the playlist. that is fine.

here is where rating mode coms into play. all songs rated below 1 star are not added to the playlist. so that would make 45 songs.

your idea has not ben satisfying since now the playlist contains also other interprets, but if i choose James Blunt first in the interpret section, then its James Blunt i want. :)

thanks