Author Topic: Mobile sync storage path setting not persisting  (Read 6081 times)

Stewiepwn

I am trying to sync music to my phone. Previously, the phone's storage was under "Portable Device\Internal Storage", but after an update to the phone, it's now placed at "Portable Device/Internal shared storage".

When attempting to sync through MusicBee, I get the error message "The storage folder 'Portable Device\Internal storage\' no longer exists and may need to be changed in the defice synch preferences".

So I go to Settings -> media storage -> storage path, and I set the storage path to "Portable Device/Internal shared storage\", and I click 'Synchronise' again, and I get the same error message, still saying 'Portable Device\Internal storage\', not 'Portable Device\Internal shared storage\'.

Leaving the 'Portable device' screen (to a playlist or similar), and returning to the settings page reveals that the 'storage path' setting has not persisted, and has reset to 'Portable Device\Internal storage\'. Other settings do persist correctly when leaving and returning to the settings page.

Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong here? How can I get MusicBee to sync to the correct folder?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Have you tried using / instead of \?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

ihavnoclue

I had this same issue after updating to Android 7.1.1. It was really frustrating, every time I would change it, but it would revert back.

What fixed it for me was unplugging my phone, going into MusicBee's settings, deleting all the known devices and setting up the sync again from scratch. Worked perfectly after that.

theG

There's an easier way than deleting the device's profile; hint below..

I did a factory reset on my S8+ and changed the name, so obviously it couldn't sync and I got the same error message as op: "The storage folder '..etc etc etc..' no longer exists..."

When connected, the device shows in the left panel and you can change the path there, but it will give you the error message anyways and won't take the change.
So I went to Edit > Preferences > Devices > Select my device profile under "known devices" > Hit Configure > Settings tab > Storage path
I thought I'd change it there since there was a bug using the same config page in the left panel, but the path can't even be changed there, the option to select the new path is not listen. The only one in the list is the one that's already there and needs to be changed.
So yeah, there's a bug there.

Solution: Close MusicBee, open MusicBee3Settings.ini and search for the path that needs to be changed and you'll find two instances.
For example, if the old path is My Device Foo\Card\, you'll find:
<RootPath>My Device Foo\Card\</RootPath>
and
<RootStoragePath>My Device Foo\Card\</RootStoragePath>

In notepad, you can just do a search and replace of the old path to the new path
Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 04:36:44 AM by theG