Author Topic: Changes to custom tag get overwritten every time I restart  (Read 1162 times)

cosmogramma

Hello,

I set one of my custom tags (10) to "Secondary Genres" (genres that serve as influences). Initially, I had it set to save to the file as the "Encoding Time" tag (I think, not 100% sure), and each time I would restart MusicBee, any changes made to that tag would be reverted. I changed it to only save to the MusicBee database, thinking that would fix it, but every time I restart, it still reverts every change I've made to that tag.

What can I do to fix this?

Steven

• Administrator
first off make sure you are using the latest version from the first forum topic. And configure it to save the tag data to the music file.
If it still happens, then check the tags in the file with the Tag Inspector which is accessed from the tag editor, and see if the tag exists in the music file

cosmogramma

first off make sure you are using the latest version from the first forum topic. And configure it to save the tag data to the music file.
If it still happens, then check the tags in the file with the Tag Inspector which is accessed from the tag editor, and see if the tag exists in the music file

Ah, should have updated before posting this. But yes, updating worked. Thank you very much.