Author Topic: Option to DISABLE getting random Artist Pictures & ratio size.  (Read 6900 times)

DA_iNFAMOUS_DRE

Please add an option to DISABLE getting pictures for Artist that I currently have no pictures for. They are not the correct photos sometimes and I like to put my own custom ones. I'd rather it be blank if there is no picture or i didn't add one yet rather than some low quality random picture.

Also can you guys implement some type of option to scale the artist pictures down instead of cropping it? Sometimes Artist pictures aren't perfect squares and they get cropped. It's really annoying when the Artist is a group and some of the artist are cropped out of the picture.

choncie

+1 on this request. I would add that the old MB2 feature of just pulling artist pics from a local folder is sorely missed! The cruft coming off these online sources is often low-quality, or some ugly/undesirable artist pic I don't want to look at. Can we get back a bit more control over artist pics? Thanks!!
-C

Steven

• Administrator
musicbee still pulls local pictures and depending which panel you are referring to, internet downloads can be disabled as well.
so can you be specific which panels you are referring to?

if you are refering to the dockable Artist Picture panel, then i can see the setting configuration is not obvious and i will fix that. Currently its only configurable in the "Now Playing" tab when the (default) view to show artist pictures is active (click on the panel header/ customise panel)
Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:01:57 PM by Steven

choncie

Hi Steven, thanks for the reply. I'm talking about the panel labelled "Track Information", in my case at the bottom of the player.

I'm afraid I can't find any way to customize the artist pics part of this panel, maybe I missed it (there are a lot of lil control panels in MB!). Meaning, for example, I'm not able to find any option to disable downloading artist pics into this panel.

Is it correct that MB is still looking in the "Artist Pics" subfolder for local images?

Also don't see options to modify the picture treatment in any way - eg, stretch/scale/crop etc. Not sure if that exists, as requested by the OP.

Thanks!
-c
Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:15:14 PM by choncie

Steven

• Administrator
open a new tab and select Now Playing from the left sidebar. then follow the instructions i provided

choncie

Ah! Wow, yes, that is a bit hard to find!  :)

So that's pretty great - but to be honest, I pretty much never have the "Now Playing" item selected, is there some way to basically allow the same level of customization in the the Track Information panel shown at the bottom of my player screenshot? Basically I guess I'm looking for a smaller version of the Now Playing view, ie, in the bottom of the middle panel only.

Thanks!
-c

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.1 update, the same setting is now available in the Now Playing Bar customisation dialog and also from the Artist Pictures header menu

choncie

choncie

Cool beans, thanks - that's easier to find for sure. Since I kinda hijacked DA_iNFAMOUS_DRE's thread, still would be nice to have some crop/scale type options for the artist pics - eg so the artist pic can would consume the whole track info window with the album art overlaid on it - like in the Now Playing view.

-c

mcool

Hi Steven, thanks for the reply. I'm talking about the panel labelled "Track Information", in my case at the bottom of the player.

I'm afraid I can't find any way to customize the artist pics part of this panel, maybe I missed it (there are a lot of lil control panels in MB!). Meaning, for example, I'm not able to find any option to disable downloading artist pics into this panel.

Is it correct that MB is still looking in the "Artist Pics" subfolder for local images?

Also don't see options to modify the picture treatment in any way - eg, stretch/scale/crop etc. Not sure if that exists, as requested by the OP.

Thanks!
-c

Hi choncie, I really like your layout. I'd like to do the same and I am not able to achieve your layout.
Your right sidebar is awesome, please can you tell me how you did it?
Also, I don't know how to show Track information as you did
I know it's a hard request, but hope that you help me

choncie

Here's a grab of my Track Info config screen:

The fields not fully visible are:

$IsNull(<Album>,,<Album>" ")$IsNull(<Year>,,[<Year>])

and

$If(<Play Count>=1,"Track played "<Play Count>" time","Track played "<Play Count>" times")

Hope that helps...
-c

mcool

Thanks    :D

<Performer> is a Virtual tag you created?

What are the elements of the right sidebar?. I think:
- Track Information
- Visualizer
- ??    (how to show the waveform?)
- Lyrics  (what is the text "Playing" on the up right side of the panel?. I'm not able to show it)

How to show the dockable Artist Picture panel?
Do you think it is possible inserting a second Lyrics panel on the Left Sidebar?
Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:58:52 AM by mcool