Author Topic: Set Displayed Fields - 'Embedded Artwork' column  (Read 6226 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
maybe there is a way to get to this info in MusicBee, but then I have yet to find it (shoot if there's ways to see this already in a global/overview way).

I'd love to be able to see which files have artwork embedded in column view. For me Y / N would work, but might be nice to get more granular than that as well (i.e. front/back/etc).

Cheers.
c.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can see this if you use the Album Artwork Manager view under Tools > Artwork.  To see all your artwork, change the menu at the top to "small artwork" and set the dimensions to something sufficiently large.  There is a column in that view for Picture Location.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

alec.tron

Thanks for the hint!
Opening the Artwork Manager does result in an error right away and does not display anything:

"
MusicBee v3.1.6279.40582 (Win10.0), 12 Mar 2017 18:40:

System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready. [E:\empethree\freebies\0_artists\bandcamp\M.I.K\M.I.K - The Sick Pay EP - 2010\M.I.K - The Sick Pay EP - 2010\Cover.jpg]
   at #=qxPJKnZjKyPnWXUo79Ey3vw==.#=q5pEvKqE122OFd$iPmW0Olg==.#=qqBjkTbIC3VViNJDWPMNwQw==.#=qfGdsrhfNUEUgAo$lxejLaw==(#=qwXC1d1VfnxzuuAd$NyY2dg== #=qhXEztbjDZgd2vLq76v2N6A==, FileShare #=qkZk4a3cnRycU2tQ11BX5ug==, FileOptions #=q6vOLtsZQOKi5oeTvrmVi2Q==, Boolean #=qAWJAl3dtaL51UM14QWnKpg==)
   at #=qPh6tqGFdxQelsUgHCc3exLYfZ8tOKs$eeclhzugfL2U=.#=qzOtGfGurkaUDIZfaKYcGEA==(#=qwXC1d1VfnxzuuAd$NyY2dg== #=qGiR7wL5y4DMVmui_4Myf_w==, FileOptions #=qTr4hZrlo$DXikuZKxkjphA==)
   at #=q9riQCj4ICpcXlRULcJ_7YL_FsHMpFiRzPBDKEfKkSHo=.#=qzo0R82wsYVg$bLvAxKSwEA==(#=qwXC1d1VfnxzuuAd$NyY2dg== #=qOIicbafza0wON$Kpv6Vsww==)
   at #=qHPJZI01xEfp7XAfv2Dm5CqOUkts9FVsL7_Mpe9z8DlMdijcRa7g0v8kh$M$TFXF_.#=qfJP_WDVa9FSHFYOXepcY4ZNVqtq5DczJ9BZ2vbreAkA=.#=qS2idZVQOOvSaPIFUGaig2f6JULrktBDn_sIGeiwaSlQ=(#=q6MSefUwjpcw5OY_mCZIyD$1yT_jMGuZ9NKv82jsjtdA=[] #=qBB_0YQfGacohR$AMalIcRg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=q$_hsiYbZO_mjNJPRzxX1PCFBFCdS9BY3Ujv6nP6u$Rs=.#=q4Qr5l4R9gExeKJrzsaFDsJJKbeUywoNWb$u2cbKGHng=._Lambda$__1()
"

Interestingly enough, the above file path is from my previous PC /MusicBee install, whereas now all music lives on D:
So understandable it errors on that. Not so much understandable is where it even gets that path from in the first place...?

c.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Huh, yeah.  It's working fine for me (same version).  Maybe try tracking down that file and editing it?

Edit: Actually, are you running the artwork manager while in a playlist?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

alec.tron

Nope, not from a playlist, that was/is from main library tracks view.
Also, tracking down that file (in the stated location) is not possible, since the old partition that used to be E: does not exist anymore.
The file does exist where the music file lives though.... which is the same path but under D:
Hence I am surprised where MB even got that file link from...
Does MB store artwork paths in its' db files somewhere which could explain this (i.e. that it still keeps a reference to the old artwork file location post backup) ?

Cheers.
c.

Steven

• Administrator
i have made a change to the Artwork Manager so it doesnt fail to load if artwork for a file cannot be accessed

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 11:26:16 PM by Steven

alec.tron

Hiya,
I recently read something about conditional columns formatting somewhere on here - i.e. that one could create custom columns, and have custom icons shown... but I can't find it anymore now neither on here or on the twiki.
Did I imagine that ? It might have been via:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Useful_Virtual_Tag_Formulas
If that exists, I might be able to use it to have a column to show if a file has artwork embedded or not...  is it possible to query if artwork is embedded or not in Musicbee and re-use the value from that query to populate a column ?
Cheers.
c.

sveakul

Heya,
maybe there is a way to get to this info in MusicBee, but then I have yet to find it (shoot if there's ways to see this already in a global/overview way).

I'd love to be able to see which files have artwork embedded in column view. For me Y / N would work, but might be nice to get more granular than that as well (i.e. front/back/etc).

+1  Sorry for the old topic revival but it duplicates what I was just going to request, i.e. that a choice be added in Set Displayed Fields for a column that shows a "Y" if embedded album art of any kind is present, and just a blank if not--exactly like the existing "Lyrics?" choice already does for that particular field.  Thanks for considering.