Author Topic: Get Jamendo back in AutoDJ and add others  (Read 1022 times)

elbitjusticiero

So, this comes up sporadically with different streaming sources in this forum, and I'd like to know what is the status on the idea. Maybe Steve just doesn't want the hassle to write the code for many streaming sources or maybe there is another technical reason, but the thing is that Xbox Music is now the only streaming option MusicBee offers out of the box and it's honestly lacking --only a 30-second preview of each song for those of us who don't have an Xbox account.

MusicBee used to automatically search Jamendo for related music when you used AutoDJ, which was fantastic. Now, I see that the program can access and play other streaming sources, such as Soundcloud, but they are not integrated as Xbox Music is. I'd like to have that functionality again, and maybe online radios (SomaFM and other radios would be good candidates, for example; Soma is available as a radio, but not as a discoverable service through AutoDJ).

People have asked for last.fm and Amazon Prime integration and maybe other services; I guess what I'm asking for is a general method to add these online sources so that MusicBee can discover related songs through AutoDJ. But since Soundcloud is already baked into MusicBee, I guess it would be trivial to add it to AudoDJ.

If it's possible, it would be wonderful, and if not, thanks anyway to Steve for all his amazing work! I love MusicBee.

EDIT: I was confused and initially wrote Jamendo instead of Soundcloud. But the idea is the same.
Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:59:44 PM by elbitjusticiero