Author Topic: How on earth do i change the title bar colour?  (Read 4753 times)

Xenatier

I'm sure it's going to be extremely obvious but I've been going through the XML's for a bunch of skins changing basically every relevant element i can find but it never changes the colour of the title bar. I've modified every trace of the rgb colour that the title bar is in the XML file but it's still the same colour. What am i missing here?

hiccup

Assuming that I understand correctly what you mean by title bar, that is not set by means of r.g.b. values, but by means of encoded images.
You can usually find them somewhere at the bottom of xml's, named: <element id="FormBorder......">
They are base64 encoded in the xml. You should be able to find explanations on that doing some forum searches.

Xenatier

Thanks for the help, i got that part working now. I've changed everything on the title bar to the right colour now the only problem is the background colour behind the icon on the title bar is still the same as before. I can't find any element that relates to it.

http://i.imgur.com/tH0XNo6.png
You can see the colour behind the icon is different to the rest. It's what the title bar colour was originally.

I should also mention when musicbee is not maximised it looks like this.
http://i.imgur.com/RwNMpKU.png
Which is just showing part of the panel below it? So i'm not sure what's happening there.

Is there a way to change this?

hiccup

From the first image I don't see/understand your issue.
The second indicates a problem indeed. Could be a corrupt or wrong entry in your xml.
Maybe a comma in the wrong place, or a missing entry that another entry depends on, an incorrect number value somewhere, etc.
You could try to compare your xml to the original one, or look at some other skin xml's to find the culprit.
Else you could post the concerning xml here, and one of the other skinners could perhaps have a look at it.

Xenatier

Got it working. Ended up reverting just the FormBorderTopLeft element to the original skin's value and it fixed it. Thanks for the help!

hiccup

Good to hear, you solved it quickly. The image that gave the problem probably had an incorrect size/ppi/colordepth then.