Author Topic: Problem with Naming Template in Syncing Auto-playlists with Device  (Read 2537 times)

MoCommodore

I have couple of Auto-Playlists in my library and I want to sync them with my device.
If the name of my Auto-playlist is "Trance Playlist" I want all the songs in that playlist to be copied to a folder named "Trance Playlist" on my device.
The naming template I use to copy the music in my playlist to my device is "<Playlist>\<Artist> - <Title>", but the folder that is created for every playlist on the device is "Unknown Playlist".
Is it a bug or is there anything else that I should do?

Steven

• Administrator
there is an option in the device synch settings to save files to a separate folder for each playlist.

MoCommodore

Thanks. It's almost what I wanted!

How can I ask it to follow my naming template? It automatically changes the file names to <3-digit-track-number>-<Artist>-<Title> on my device.

phred

• Global Moderator
How can I ask it to follow my naming template? It automatically changes the file names to <3-digit-track-number>-<Artist>-<Title> on my device.
It's somewhat buried...
Preferences > Tags (2) > Tag Handling > Fields > Configure Fields > Formatting > Disc-Track# format.
Changing it to "0-0" will give you what you're looking for.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MoCommodore

It's somewhat buried...
Preferences > Tags (2) > Tag Handling > Fields > Configure Fields > Formatting > Disc-Track# format.
Changing it to "0-0" will give you what you're looking for.

It doesn't work. The filenames are still <3-digit-track-number>-<Artist>-<Title> on my device.

MoCommodore

Any solution?

Is there anywhere that I can edit the settings to solve this problem?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you're syncing each playlist to its own folder, you will always get the playlist number at the beginning.  You'd need t request and change on the wishlist
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)