Author Topic: Batch file replacing  (Read 3036 times)

mikebo

Send To > Folder (Replace) - a great feature to replace a song with a higher quality one keeping all your tags, BUT it only works for a single item and cannot be used to replace a whole album. I propose implementing a window where original tracks could be matched with new ones (basic two column view) and the changes applied with a single button.

M.O.Z.G

Hm, interesting. I found useful Additional Tagging tool, to Copy & Paste all tag information from old files to new. But it isn't the same as replace, and doesn't work for Data Added.

boroda

+1

there was a request for batch repairing playlists, maybe its worth to combine these 2 requests.

alec.tron

there was a request for batch repairing playlists, maybe its worth to combine these 2 requests.

If this includes an option non-destructive / playlist-based-replace: +1

Trying 'Send To > Folder (Replace)' for the first time if it would work on playlists as well resulted in me having to restore files from backup after MB altering them without any way to roll back (this might be a welcome convenience function for some - for me this is nightmare material... I only would ever use something like this IF it this was 2-fold - replace file as is, plus an option to use tags from new file [plus maybe even a merge/consolidate of old & new tags...]  and replace the library version and all occurences in playlists of the old with the new).
c.

Sofocl