Author Topic: More/customizable data info in remove from library 'Confirmation' dialogue  (Read 1876 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
when removing/renaming files that live inside of MB's library there's a pop-up on restart/re-scan, listing the files it hasn't found, and offers to remove them from the library.
The info in said window (named 'Confirmation') is rather minimal as it only show Artist & Title - I would like to at least have 2 more facets for the data I am confirming an action on: Album Name and File-location/name.ext  (or even better, customiseable in user pref which data gets displayed...).

Also, with more information to be displayed, the static & small window size will probably become problematic...
Would be nice to have this like a real 'tracks' view/tab with the users' scale-able rows to get the full info about the data one is about to remove from MB's database (also, a remapping sub-dialogue would be a nice to have... that sort of ties into this wishlist request - i.e. replace multiple files in playlist/library:  
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19966.msg119008#msg119008
).

Cheers.
c.
Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:24:30 PM by alec.tron

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.1 update i have done a very simple change where the dialog window is widened and the information displayed includes album and the full filename - all displayed in a single column

alec.tron

This is going all over the place now :D

Thanks Steven!
c.
Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:10:52 PM by alec.tron

alec.tron

Just some feedback after a first impression.
I just renamed a whole lot of Various Artist albums... and sorting them the current way in a single line [Artist - Title - Album - FilePath] makes it rather difficult to read the output, see:
http://imgur.com/a/a1zyr

Having this window behave similar to a standard tracks view tab with sorting columns is more trouble then it's worth huh ?

Alternatively, if you want to stick to the window as is - could there maybe be a tickbox up top to switch between 2 different sorting/views eg:
Metadata view:
Album - # - Artist - Title
OR
File view:
drive:\FilePath\FileName.ext

Just my few cents.
c.