Author Topic: Optoin to Backup Settings to SAME drive.  (Read 2536 times)

musicbee4dwd

I've noticed that when trying to do a internal backup of settings, if you choose the same drive, MB won't let you do that.

Please change this.

I back up to cloud, which is a folder on my drive. MB excludes that option because it is "on the same drive." That's not a problem! The backup files are immediately added to the cloud.

Not to mention, I image my entire drive every other day anyway, to an identical Samsung SSD drive.

OK, so yeah, I know I can use a USB drive, then copy the MB  backup back to the main drive too. Just sayin'. Would be nice to have the option to backup to the same dive.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.1 update i have removed the validation that prevents backup to the same drive

musicbee4dwd

Thanks Steven. Awesome program. I started with WinAmp years a go, then moved to Foobar2000, and now Music Bee. Just awesome.

musicbee4dwd

The patch didn't work. Copied files into:
Win 10
C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee
Default installation directory.

Version also said 3.0 after copying the files in the patch over the newest 3.1 version..

phred

• Global Moderator
When you unzipped the files into the MB directory, did you get any prompts telling you the files already existed and asking if you wanted to overwrite? If not, then do it again.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

@musicbee4dwd, try to unzip to temp folder and then copy files from temp folder to mb installation folder via windows explorer.

musicbee4dwd

Got it! I wasn't watching my copy etc commands, and so I didn't actually over-wright when prompted.

Thanks.