Author Topic: Static playlist settings keep changing back to default  (Read 2371 times)

cartman005

I have all of my static playlists customized with descriptions, custom displayed fields and specific display views. They also all export static copies. I can't figure out what triggers it but I keep opening them and finding that they have completely reverted back to default settings. It doesn't happen every time, and it's not all of the playlists. I just notice a few here and there.

Sorry, I don't have any more details so I understand if nothing can be done at this time.

Steven

• Administrator
do you use playlists from the left navigator or from the Playlists tab (or if using v3.1, the playlist directory element?)

Steven

• Administrator
i have looked into this and cant reproduce under any scenarios i tested.
However i can see a theoretical way it could happen so have made a change for the next v3.1 update

I guess also if you are still using v3.0, there might be a bug thats already been fixed

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

Steven

• Administrator
I can now reproduce this. In my case it happens after you rename a playlist and then do something that affects the playlist like adding a track. Do you think that might be what you are doing when it happens?

this should fix the bug i found:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:39:28 PM by Steven

cartman005

do you use playlists from the left navigator or from the Playlists tab (or if using v3.1, the playlist directory element?)
Yes, I usually use playlists from the left navigator.

I can now reproduce this. In my case it happens after you rename a playlist and then do something that affects the playlist like adding a track. Do you think that might be what you are doing when it happens?
I always use the latest builds that you post. That sounds like what I may be doing to cause it. I will try it out. Thank you!