Author Topic: How can I disable auto download artist image?  (Read 5970 times)

nanoftc

My music is kind of unpopular and usually there are no images of the artists. I'd rather keep it blank than get random images from the internet. I try "Reset artwork cache" but it just keeps re-downloading the same artist images.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks.
Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 03:48:43 AM by nanoftc

Steven

• Administrator
can you be specific which panel you are referring to - a screenshot might help

theG

I'm guessing he's referring to the Artist Picture panel.
I'm in the same boat. I'd like an option to tell MusicBee not to download missing artist pictures if it can't find it in Artist "/Pictures/Thumb". I'd prefer to have it blank to prevent the fetching of wrong artist pictures.

nanoftc

Oh I'm really sorry for not being clear.

The ones on the left panel of the Music tab.

And the big ones on the Main Panel of the Now Playing tab.

I can change the former ones with Tool -> Download Artwork but I can't do anything with the latter ones. Still, I prefer to keep both blank.
Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:31:17 AM by nanoftc

Steven

• Administrator
for the left thumbnail browser, click Album Artist and click "Dont Show Thumbnails" or in v3.1 untick "Show Artist Pictures"
for the Now Playing panel, change the view to something other than "Artist Picture" eg. Large Album

lomacar

Photos are still displayed if you just select "Album Color Mix". And if the music has no album art it will download random photos too. (And for some reason lots of my music does not display album art, even though there is a folder.jpg file in the right place and the albums display in iTunes and Winamp and Groove Music.)

I live in a place with expensive internet and don't want to waste it on downloading these dumb pictures. How can they be prevented for real?

Steven

• Administrator
auto-download can be disabled in Preferences/ Tags(2)

also enable folder.jpg in the Tags(1)/ artwork/ retrieval settings