Author Topic: Album art disappears/ gets randomly overwritten  (Read 2533 times)

FlashExplorer

Hi, new user to MusicBee, after sticking with WMP because I disliked WinAmp's layout. (not visual enough)

Anyways, the problem I am faced with now is that musicbee seems to randomly - yet consistently - overwrite my music's album art with "folder.jpg", and then I have to manually comb through my 1600 song library and delete the overwrite or try to re-source the album art if it was somehow deleted. Overall it's a pain in the ass the 1st time, but a 2nd time?

I can't seem to specify a trigger for it, as the most recent time it did this overwrite was when the program 'hung' for a few seconds mid process, and then followed by all the album art in my current playlist to blank out and reset with Folder.jpg as the main image. I will post some screen caps for clarity's sake.

It always puts in 2 pictures, and sometimes it still has the original artwork when I view it in the Edit screen and it still shows folder.jpg in the regular view.
at this point I want to kill this folder.jpg with fire and disable it, never to be enacted upon again.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Take a look at your artwork storage and retrieval settings in Tags (1) Preferences.  Chances are you need to rename or demote folder.jpg in the "set which pictures are displayed" box.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

FlashExplorer

Hello, sorry I was caught up in other matters. Are you referring to this part in the Preferences?

I went ahead and moved Embedded to the top. I this what you meant?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, exactly.  Did you also use the "rescan artwork" button?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

MTOakey

• Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
Greetings,
Notice in the 3rd pic above, all the "small thumbnails" with the "Heading" of "Tracks" ... My heading says "Grouping" as I want it to... as my groupings are also just folders... my issue is - I want each of those "small thumbnails" to show only, and never change, the "Folder.jpg" I have placed in each folder... but it won't and doesn't. It changes to some other pic from an audio file in the folder, usually the first alphabetical by Artist. I only have 12 folders and I really hope this is as easy as a setting that I haven't been able to figure out ...
After thinking about it - it SHOULD be as easy as a just a setting... "Make folder/directory picture to be the Folder.jpg in that folder" how freaking hard can that be ???