Author Topic: "Involved People" tag is populating the artist field in 3.1  (Read 7284 times)

Steven

• Administrator
the patch version from yesterday afternoon should remove the leading/trailing spaces, but you need to rescan the files (right click/ Send To/ Rescan Files)

hiccup

I've actually talked to him on the MM forums, he said he wasn't interested in the amount of work he would have to do to get the same results from MusicBee. The new version of MM is a total rewrite, and he said he wouldn't be porting the script over for the same reason. Not everyone is as awesome as Steven.

I just gave MediaMonkey 5 alpha a quick testrun.
(and a short one, it's a dev. version and still extremely buggy)

While it's recomendable to see the way they are taking new approaches, I am convinced that after MM 5 is released and development of MM 4 stops, a torrent of MediaMonkey users will come running (and crying) to MusicBee.
So perhaps he and other developers will also reconsider then.

brainvision

mmmmm.... maybe I'm still doing it wrong, but I still have blank space..

this is how I add INVOLVEDPEOPLE tag

and this is the result after patching MB and rescanning all tags

Steven

• Administrator
MB doesnt trim the tags created by mp3Tag but i can change that for the next v3.1 update

brainvision

MB doesnt trim the tags created by mp3Tag but i can change that for the next v3.1 update
seems I misunderstood your last post, I thought the latest patch was intended for that, too..

Phaedrus

I just gave MediaMonkey 5 alpha a quick testrun. (and a short one, it's a dev. version and still extremely buggy) While it's recomendable to see the way they are taking new approaches, I am convinced that after MM 5 is released and development of MM 4 stops, a torrent of MediaMonkey users will come running (and crying) to MusicBee. So perhaps he and other developers will also reconsider then.

With all the issues I had with MM4; MM5 seemed pretty solid.  ;D  I agree though, we will definitely see more users here once they release MM5. This is pretty much the only other game in town for people with large music libraries who care about tags.

My .02 FWIW: It will be much easier to write a plugin for the new version. The Good; Lots of plugins. The Bad; Lots of crappy plugins to sort through. The Ugly; They didn't do anything about the database which was the source of all my problems.

Brace yourselves; The Monkeys are coming!
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.5.8447, standard install on C:\
Library on External drive;
293,621 Tracks, 18,393 Albums, 4461.93GB, 850d 12:20

Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear