Author Topic: SanDisk MP3 playlist problems  (Read 2816 times)

tonyl66

Has anyone experienced problems loading playlists into SanDisk players?  I have tried two different players but the problem is the same on both. 
I'm using MusicBee to download my playlists, but there is a consistent problem. The first song of every playlist is always left out, and entire albums worth of music are randomly left out of the playlist. The music is transferred, but the playlists are incomplete.
No pattern I can see to this except the first track on the list is always left out.  For example, I have a playlist with 28 tracks.  When I pull it up in the player, it shows only 15 tracks total.

Tony

phred

• Global Moderator
The first song of every playlist is always left out, and entire albums worth of music are randomly left out of the playlist. The music is transferred, but the playlists are incomplete.
I experienced this many years ago and it was resolved by using .m3u8 playlists.
Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 04:40:19 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

tonyl66

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help.  The only thing that works is putting the first track into the playlist twice, which is a ridiculous thing to have to do.  I doesn't stop it from randomly deleting songs out of the playlist though.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Have you tried using M3U(#EXT)?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

brentoma589

M3U (ascii) solved this for me. Except just today I found 1 disappearing song, but its only in one isolated case, otherwise works great.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Some devices have a limit on how long the path length can be, even if the same path is fine in Windows. Do your missing songs have long paths including the filename?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6