Author Topic: Show Podcast Chapters  (Read 3391 times)

a2a

Some of the podcasts I subscribe to have 'chapters' built in to them. This allows you to navigate through the podcast episode, which is especially useful when listening to Dance podcasts which show you the track/artist name.

Would it be possible to make Musicbee display these please?

Steven

• Administrator
that should already be supported in v3.1
if you are using v3.1 then can you PM me a link to a zip of the file

Steven

• Administrator
i have addressed the issue with the file you sent not showing chapters however i wont say its perfectly solved as i cant figure out how to get the chapter start times exactly right for the podcast file you linked to - the way i have implemented is its approximately right though.
You will need to rescan files already downloaded (right click/ Send To/ File Rescan) and also note it isnt implemented for files not downloaded ie. played from the web.

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:46:37 PM by Steven

a2a

Thanks Steve,

Just downloaded, unzipped and moved the files over. I've tested and can't seem to see where the chapters of the podcast are when you play the track?

Whilst here, could you offer your view on making it possible to optionally include podcasts in your library?
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20508.0

Cheers :)

a2a

Steven, is there a way to navigate the chapters e.g. using the forward and backward buttons on the player? When I click forward, it jumps to the next episode, whereas it'd be good to skip to next chapter?

Steven

• Administrator

a2a

Have just updated to 3.1.6384 to check this out and unfortunately it's not working. I can't skip through the episode, it keeps returning to the beginning and the app nearly hung (timing out). It's also not showing the bookmarks/chapters.

Steven

• Administrator
working fine here. You will need to provide more details than just making a statement that it doesnt work

Steven

• Administrator
thats the podcast station i have been testing with. For the title being incorrect, i had that happen a long time ago but i assume its been fixed as i havent seen that in ages. You would edit and resave the file or delete and redownload
For playback freezing, make sure you are using bass_aac.dll as the decoder that comes with windows has several problems. See the wiki FAQ for help with that. For the right sidebar, expanding the tracks displayed is not something that has been implemented. I wont do that for v3.1

a2a

Thanks, Steven.

I had to delete the files and re-download them - luckily they were still available. Not sure what was happening - thanks for helping :)

The forward and rewind buttons also work nicely after you implementing that change - thanks again.

Apologies for the confusion on "expanding the tracks displayed", misinterpreted this as being part of the skipping through the chapters via the player. Imagine that will take a lot of work if can't be done in 3.1?