Author Topic: Display the formatted title instead of the title in the main panel  (Read 2993 times)

Antineutrino

Antineutrino

Is this planned for 3.1? The better support for classical music IMHO doesn't make so much sense if one of the main ways of displaying the titles only can display the raw title and no movement etc. information.

Steven

• Administrator
Is this planned for 3.1? The better support for classical music IMHO doesn't make so much sense if one of the main ways of displaying the titles only can display the raw title and no movement etc. information.
in v3.1 there is already a new display field: Title (Formatted)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think the OP specifically is looking for the new Title filed in the expanded album panel
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Antineutrino

in v3.1 there is already a new display field: Title (Formatted)

Yea, but it can't be used, just "Title", which is always preselected along with "Track#"!

Steven

• Administrator
for the nextt v3.1 update i have enhanced the expanded panel configuration so you can choose to show the title field that handles classicial music. I have also renamed that field to: Title (Classical Music) so it gives some more hint what its intended for
Additionally you can now also select a virtual field so you can construct your own representation of the track title if you so wish
Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 03:13:42 PM by Steven

Diederik

It's nice to read that the formatted title will be made available in the expanded album panel!

Related to this, when I select <Title (Formatted)> in the Template editor I get the message FAIL @ "<Title (Formatted)>". I want to display this field in the Main player and Track information panel, but it doesn't let me because of this.

Steven

• Administrator
Related to this, when I select <Title (Formatted)> in the Template editor I get the message FAIL @ "<Title (Formatted)>". I want to display this field in the Main player and Track information panel, but it doesn't let me because of this.
thats fixed for the next update. Keep in mind its now "<Title (Classical Music)>"