Author Topic: Artist View Album Count  (Read 2707 times)

Tommy

....... does anybody know how to change the font or font-color for Album Count underneath the Artist name ...?...

Tommy

boroda

i don't know, but suggest that its possible only by creating own mb skin.

phred

• Global Moderator
....... does anybody know how to change the font or font-color for Album Count underneath the Artist name ...?...
You can't change the color, except perhaps as boroda74 says, with a skin, but you can change the font.

Click on 'Albums' in the header bar of the main panel > Customize Panel... > At the top of the Artwork Layout window is where you can tick 'set custom font' and then set as desired for the various elements.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Tommy

...... thanks for your replies.

@ phred

I've tried that before, but couldn't get it to work.

In fact I only need to adjust the contrast or opacity, but what to choose from the drop-down menu ?

The only entries available for album are:

Album - Album [Year] - Album Artist - Album Complete ? - Album Duration - Album Gain - Album Played ? - Album Rating - Album Track Count

None of these seem to do the trick, or am I missing something ?

@ boroda74

What <element> would that be in the skin xml ...?...
Tommy

phred

• Global Moderator
The only entries available for album are:
Album - Album [Year] - Album Artist - Album Complete ? - Album Duration - Album Gain - Album Played ? - Album Rating - Album Track Count
None of these seem to do the trick, or am I missing something ?
Yes, it seems that you're missing something as there are at least 50 entries in that down-down. you need to scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down and select 'Year' or 'Year (yyyy)'. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two, but when I just tried them, they both returned the four-digit year.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

'year' may be year or full date (including month and day), 'year (yyyy)' is in fact some kind of virtual tag and is always just year.

Tommy

....... now I'm really confused.

What got the Year, Year (YYYY) or Album [Year] to do with album count.

Album count is only displayed if albums grouped by Artist as far as I understand:

This is Artist View I'm talking about and I can' find anything in the drop-down menu that applies to the "show album count" sub-header for the displayed artwork .......
Tommy

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@ Tommy,
When using that "show album count" option, MB disables all but the top option of the panel posted by phred.
The album count is then automatically dispalyed by MB with a preset contrast setting.
This can't be adjusted.
You might consider posting a wishlist item for this as Steven is currently still working on 3.1 changes.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Tommy

....... I kinda figured that's the case.

It's not that important to me to put it on a wishlist, I think I uncheck the option and get rid of it, maybe I put enable scroll by mouse-wheel through all the albums in extended view that would be nice I guess.

I reckon if it is a MusicBee build-in preset it can't be changed in the skin xml as well, or can it ... ? ...
Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:27:51 PM by Tommy
Tommy

phred

• Global Moderator
....... now I'm really confused.
What got the Year, Year (YYYY) or Album [Year] to do with album count.
Yeah, well I apologize for that. You said 'album count' and my brain said 'year.' Didn't mean to confuse you.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Tommy

Yeah, well I apologize for that. You said 'album count' and my brain said 'year.' Didn't mean to confuse you.

....... never mind, thanks for your reply anyway.
Tommy