Author Topic: Picture Storage Options and SetArtworkEx API  (Read 3196 times)

cvj

I am trying to add artwork for media files using mbApiInterface.Library_SetArtworkEx(). Instead of embedding artwork into the file, I am trying to use one of the options available in MusicBee - "Link to the original picture file".

But the API SetArtworkEx() doesn't seem to have any arguments to support it. I did try the option "Preferences > Tags > artwork storage > copy to the same folder as the music file and name as" which is working good with API, but it stores artwork in the same directory as media. My artworks are on different directories and I would like the media to reference them using API (the same option in MusicBee Picture storage options).

Am I missing something or is this not supported in current API? I am using API revision 48 and latest MusicBee binaries.

Thanks!

boroda

api will always use gui settings for artwork storage, but maybe Steven could extend api if considers this important enough.

cvj

I tried that too, from preferences there is no option to reference a image for artwork. Only embed or copy to same directory as media.  Referencing an image for artwork shows up only when I manually edit metadata for a media file. Even after setting option as reference media, it seems to have an impact only on that media file I am editing and not on any other files in library.

Steven

• Administrator
its as boroda74 says and there is no support in musicbee for having a dedicated folder