Author Topic: Auto-playlist inconsistency - Genre value has no auto complete drop-down menu  (Read 1456 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
again one of those things one could argue if it's a bug or not - but based on the fact that most other cached (database relative) metadata fields do have an auto complete drop-down menu, but 'genre' does not, this to me feels like a bug.

To reproduce:
- create an Auto-Playlist or test with an existing one
- set one of the filters to 'genre'
- start typing in the 'value' field
= nothing

Do the same with Artist, Album, Composer or even custom tags (I have an 'instrumental' tag field, and even that is working like this):
- set one of the filters to 'Artist' for example
- start typing
= A drop down list appears with all matches from your library (from start/left only, no wildcard - or is there a wildcard syntax here...?)

Cheers.
c.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.1 update i have enabled genre so the auto-complete list appears

alec.tron

Thank you!

A small fine-tune step idea, which I think would be awesome here too - IF you add [ + ] a new auto-playlist rule, it would be great if it would take on the same field value as the playlists-rule entry it has been created on. As is, any newly created rule will reset its'field value back to 'Artist'.

c.
Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 05:38:14 AM by alec.tron

alec.tron

Hello,
the auto complete feature is also missing for:
Keywords
Kind
Mood
Occasion
Publisher

Oddly enough, that's the exact same filter types that are also coming short in the thumbnail Browser and aren't available there:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21746.0

Another oddity, if trying to use:
Artist
as the field to filter by, I can not type anything into the text value field.
Also, this field:
Bitrate
if I type in there, it then autocompletes to all available artist names from my library...
So looks like there's a mixup of sorts behind the scenes.

This is with  MB 3.1.6364

Churs.
c.