Author Topic: Playback Order  (Read 2875 times)

507TNE

Hello,

I really like MusicBee but for some time now I seem to be having a problem in relation to
albums playback order.

The issue is that everytime I drag & drop an album mp3 content into MusicBee it shows me
the albums content all scrambled in order and this is something I do not want.  Any way to solve it ?

Thank-You for your help !

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Do you have shuffle turned on? Also check Now Playing Preferences to be sure it's not set to shuffle album tracks: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Now_Playing_Preferences
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
can you be more specific which panel you are dropping the files and which panel (or is it windows explorer) you drag the files from.
If you are dragging from the main panel, which view are you using?

507TNE

can you be more specific which panel you are dropping the files and which panel (or is it windows explorer) you drag the files from.
If you are dragging from the main panel, which view are you using?

Thank-You for your reply Mr. Steven,

In more detail what I do is to drag & drop songs from an album in windows explorer
into MusicBee in Compact Player mode.

507TNE

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Do you have shuffle turned on? Also check Now Playing Preferences to be sure it's not set to shuffle album tracks: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Now_Playing_Preferences

As it turns out I do believe to have Shuffle enabled in Settings but I do not know how to turn it off.
I've tried different ways from every available option I could think of, but for some reason I can't
seem to get it right.

Steven

• Administrator
When you drag individual files, MB will use the order windows has chosen which means the first file will be the one highlighted when you start dragging (if you start dragging from the first file in the album then it should be in the order you want). If you drag the folder then MB applies filename sorting

507TNE

When you drag individual files, MB will use the order windows has chosen which means the first file will be the one highlighted when you start dragging (if you start dragging from the first file in the album then it should be in the order you want). If you drag the folder then MB applies filename sorting

Thank-You for the explanation, it worked Ok by dragging and dropping from first song of the album
into MB, Cheers for that.

Now as for FileName sorting, do you mean it is going to sort it in alphabetical order when I drag & drop the album
it self into MB ??,  Also,  are there any FileName sorting settings in MB ??