Author Topic: locating songs in windows explorer  (Read 3051 times)

KizanDama

There seems to be a problem when I use the 'locate in windows explorer' option. My problem is that it doesn't locate all the selected files. It only locates one file in windows explorer.

gyfcat showing my problem

as you can see in the gyfcat, when the file explorer opens and if you look in the botton left, it says "1 file selected" when I actually selected all audio files. What is the cause of this? and how can I fix this?

Thanks

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
To my knowledge, you can only locate one file at a time. Each selected file would need to be found one at a time, so if you had your entire library selected and tried to find them all you would tie up your computer with this task for a very long time with no way to cancel it. Plus, you'd have a new window for every single file found. Windows API limitation, if I'm not mistaken.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

KizanDama

Ah, I see.

you'd have a new window for every single file found

When I do this, it doesn't do that for me. Say, I selected a small batch of files to open in windows explorer, it only opens one window and only selects one file.

Is there something wrong with my Musicbee settings?

ma_t14

No, your MusicBee settings are fine. What CritterMan meant, is that this is expected behaviour and tried to explain how it would be inconvenient to have it any other way.

Any particular reason why you want to find where a selection of tracks are located? If you are trying to organize them in a single folder then you'd be better off using the file organizer which is intended for this kind of work.

KizanDama

>Any particular reason why you want to find where a selection of tracks are located?

So I can create copies of the tracks and make them into a zip file

djdalex

If that one cd or ep is tagged properly you only have to select one track.
Once you open the finder / folder all tracks from that cd or ep is in that folder.
Vinyl lover / Vinyl ripper / Vinyl cleaning / Digitizing addict / Audio repair / Audacity lover / Clickrepair.net lover / MusicBee Newbee

KizanDama

That doesn't work for me, @djdalex

It just opens the same one track in file explorer not the whole album.

boroda

you can select multiple tracks and drag'n'drop them to windows explorer window holding ctrl key (to copy, otherwise files will move).