Author Topic: Newbie: Sync playlist I want MB to create folders based on FOLDER not ARTIST  (Read 1816 times)

pointbob

Not sure if I can do this...but I when I create playlists in MB on my windows pc and sync it out - the structure of the folders in my android device (asus tablet) is changed to just the name of the artist (ie; led zeppelin)...BUT I want MB to name the corresponding folder on my android device to match the name exactly from the folder it originates from on my windows folder (ie; led zeppelin best mix 2017). As is MB created the name of the artist and then a sub folder of the matching windows folder....two folders....I just want one folder....the matching windows based folder..

I looked at sync settings and could not see "folder" as option for the output parameter...

thanks and help appreciated...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think what you're looking for is the "preserve folders and filenames" option in sync settings.  It's close to the top, where you would otherwise enter a naming template.  See here for more info (and images): http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Sync#Settings
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

pointbob