Author Topic: Auto-playlist inconsistency - Filter by rating - greater than zero not possible  (Read 1264 times)

alec.tron

heyhey.
Also, one other inconsistency or oddity with auto playlist rules - when setting a filter by rates, there is no way to filter below 1 star really.

i.e. with 'is greater than' you only have 2 options towards the low end:
- set it to 'half a star' - which then shows everything with 1 star and higher
or
- set it to 'no star' - which then shows everything with a rating value including 'zero rated' ones, so zero and 0.5 star rating (i.e. files with a Rating value of 10 on flac, or TPOP on mp3 with value of 13 )

Since I can achieve to filter all files with any rating value ( 0 - 100) via the 'has value' filter, I would think 'is greater', when setting a value to filter by should, if set to 'no star' (i.e. greater than 0, or to be over exact, it should even display as 'greater than' 'bomb'... :D ) only show files with a Rating value of 10 or higher and NOT 'zero rated' files...?

Cheers.
c.

Phaedrus

I have the same issue, except that I don't use Half-stars. I have found two different Auto Playlist settings to work around this;

1.  Single criteria; Match all, and use "Rating," "in range," "one star" to "five stars."

2. Two criteria; Match any, and use "Rating," "is greater than," "one star;" and "Rating," "is," "one star."

This should work the same if you use half stars, just replace "one star" with "half star."

*ninja EDIT. I agree that it would be nice to have a "Greater/Less than or equal to" option, but the "in range" works just as well, if not better. Generally, if I want a "Greater than or equal to" I also set a "Less than" as well. (Or the reverse.) With "in range," I only need one criteria in the auto playlist.
Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:03:18 PM by Phaedrus
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.5.8447, standard install on C:\
Library on External drive;
293,621 Tracks, 18,393 Albums, 4461.93GB, 850d 12:20

Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear