Author Topic: View Upcoming Tracks  (Read 10113 times)

Alumni

There is no header bar item for it and wont be.
However you can use the hotkey.
If Shuffle is enabled, then the toggle is also available from the right click context menu. As it stands I don't see a strong case for the Upcoming Tracks panel to be available for when shuffle is not enabled and I think it will just lead to confusion but if someone does give a good reason for it then I will make it more easily accessible when shuffle is not enabled.

The playing tracks panel is essentially the same whether it's in the main panel or in the now playing node, so I'm not sure why the header bar behavior would differ.

theG

With shuffle enabled, the tracks disappear from the Now Playing list as they play. With REPEAT enabled, right now, they all disappear from the list until there's only one track left.
When it has to play the list again because REPEAT is ON, instead of loading all tracks in the Now Playing list again, it only changes the one track that is left in the panel for the new playing track.

I don't see a strong case for the Upcoming Tracks panel to be available for when shuffle is not enabled

Then why not having it only when shuffle is enabled and when shuffle is disabled, it should go back to Playing Tracks automatically.

What I'd like to have, is a button I could add to the Header Bar to enable on disable Upcoming Tracks. With a way to tell me if it's ON or OFF.

Steven

• Administrator
With shuffle enabled, the tracks disappear from the Now Playing list as they play. With REPEAT enabled, right now, they all disappear from the list until there's only one track left.
When it has to play the list again because REPEAT is ON, instead of loading all tracks in the Now Playing list again, it only changes the one track that is left in the panel for the new playing track.
are you using the version from yesterday? I cant reproduce the behaviour you describe. If repeat is not enabled, then the playlist will exhaust to one track. As soon as repeat is enabled the upcoming tracks fills to 100 tracks, repeating the play list if necessary and stays at 100 as tracks are played

Then why not having it only when shuffle is enabled and when shuffle is disabled, it should go back to Playing Tracks automatically.
thats how i had it originally but i think i am going down the path of fully supporting the Upcoming Tracks when shuffle is not enabled

What I'd like to have, is a button I could add to the Header Bar to enable on disable Upcoming Tracks. With a way to tell me if it's ON or OFF.
The text "Upcoming Tracks" does display in the playing tracks panel header. I will amend the "Now Playing" main panel so it also shows the upcoming tracks text. The only place i think it wont show is in the compact and mini player
You can assign the new hotkey to a command button to make it easier to toggle
Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:39:28 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
The playing tracks panel is essentially the same whether it's in the main panel or in the now playing node, so I'm not sure why the header bar behavior would differ.
i was thinking of another configuration - you are right and i will address that

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:24:31 PM by Steven

theG

Quote from: Steven
are you using the version from yesterday?

I am using the latest one now. Found another bug: I have a bunch of tracks in the Playing Tracks panel in "Upcoming Tracks" view with shuffle enabled. I start playback and skip songs and everything works as it should. When I switch to "Playing Tracks" and skip songs, they do skip but not in the panel. The one that's highlighted is the one that was highlighted before I switched from "Upcoming Tracks" to "Playing Tracks". It only does that with Shuffle enabled.

Quote from: Steven
The text "Upcoming Tracks" does display in the playing tracks panel header.

I always have the headers hidden. I don't need them, they take too much space and ruin the look for me so I've added a button with the command "View: Toggle Show Upcoming Track" now. But, is there a way for show the state of the view on the button?

Alumni

i was thinking of another configuration - you are right and i will address that

Updated to this version, but it seems the same as before?
Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:30:49 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
Updated to this version, but it seems the same as before?
can you post a screenshot so i can see your layout

Steven

• Administrator
this should fix the reported issues:

I always have the headers hidden. I don't need them, they take too much space and ruin the look for me so I've added a button with the command "View: Toggle Show Upcoming Track" now. But, is there a way for show the state of the view on the button?
MB already has that type of support so i have also enabled the new hotkey command to show different text or image depending on the state
Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:04:00 PM by Steven

theG

MB already has that type of support so i have also enabled the new hotkey command to show different text or image depending on the state

Thanks, exactly what I needed.

Found another odd thing.

Upcoming tracks: OFF
REPEAT: ON
Shuffle: ON

The first track only appears once.
Upcoming tracks: ON

Steven

• Administrator
Found another odd thing.

Upcoming tracks: OFF
thats fixed now

Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 07:03:19 PM by Steven

ettelaiv

Maybe I should create a new topic but the "Upcoming tracks" panel has one very frustrating behavior and I cannot figure out how to fix it:
Let's say that the upcoming track list looks like this:
- UpcomingTrack1
- UpcomingTrack2
- UpcomingTrack3

If I drag UpcomingTrack3 and put it in second position (after UpcomingTrack1), then it will just remove UpcomingTrack2 from the upcoming list. Is there no way to reorganize the upcoming tracks without having this behavior?
Same goes if I right click on UpcomingTrack3 and select "Queue Next" -> UpcomingTrack2 gets deleted / skipped.

Thanks!!

Steven

• Administrator
What version are you using? - if its not 3.3+ then can you update to that version from the downloads page and if it is can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

ettelaiv

Sorry, I somehow didn't receive any email notification! My version is 3.3.7165
When I click on help/ support/ view settings, I get an error message: the system cannot find the path specified. I did do a backup&restore on this new computer, might be related?

Thank you!

Steven

• Administrator
You must have updated the version since you wrote the original post.
Can you confirm its still happening?
If yes, try this version which might help with the issue for opening the settings file

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

and then send me a link to your settings file