Author Topic: View Upcoming Tracks  (Read 10114 times)

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

This has been requested a few times. You can now toggle the Playing Tracks panel to show upcoming tracks. Toggling can be done using a new hotkey or by choosing "Upcoming Tracks" from the "Playing Tracks" panel header bar.
When viewing upcoming tracks you can also manipulate the play order manually by drag/ dropping files or right click queue next.
I guess it makes most sense to use the panel when you have shuffle enabled but it will also work when shuffle is not enabled.
When re-arranging the play order when shuffle is not enabled, you might be initially confused by the way MB does the queue numbering - however the numbering applied is necessary.

theG

I have set the Playing Tracks panel to Upcoming Tracks.
If I right click on an album/playlist and choose "play now" it works. If I drag an album to the Playing Tracks panel I get this:

MusicBee v3.1.6259.40408 (Win6.1), 20 févr. 2017 13:02:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: L'index était hors limites. Il ne doit pas être négatif et doit être inférieur à la taille de la collection.
Nom du paramètre : index
   à System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   à System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   à #=q3LqWAfSfxZI1yEsIsx3Zmoqhfb8_Wu9GdKQHIo9Yepf2gFsRocThQG0jDNJIr_fd.#=q_2UAnJN6OIdOuV4i0D_uD0w_SfRb179JjOQrfBWPmUc=(IList`1 #=qjpzP6oSs2TWUFn_rQJtICQ==, Int32 #=qSJsxUZCF6sceffD2fMpT1Q==)
   à MusicBee.Media.PlayManager.#=qbNuihEBsnoTjjB07OAKxa7PNkEO1L17ACnZZQ$H1xzI=(IList`1 #=qPkuvsgkjfDJjnvitSIv7xg==, Int32 #=qtrBgCKNkz6q3Og87acCkig==)
   à #=qJffUuETWrLu6O2oVg$kgY6O$Wd7ppCgt0exSHOQUo$U=.#=qZ1cqhEzfyI6xJCAltqhdx8FjXAWYyfujF4iTPzLOqC8=.#=qblq2QzdEi46BG9eseOXmm3dNRnGgJ_l5YX2Ugj1vCqA=._Lambda$__0(List`1 #=qP36_Ve3IijK$zNFUti0pjw==)

EDIT:
Can't reproduce it anymore. I guess it has something to do with the track list being cleared up completely. If I delete all the tracks when in "Playing Tracks" when I select "Upcoming Tracks" again, the last played track is there instead of the list being completely empty like in "Playing Tracks" view.
When I got the error, for some reason the last played track wasn't there in "Playing Tracks".
Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:14:46 PM by theG

Steven

• Administrator
are you using it when shuffle is enabled or not?
in either case, it will be something to do with tracks explicitly in a numbered queue changing.
If have put in some handling for the next update but it would be good to figure out a reproducable way to create the error

theG

While trying to reproduce it, I found another one.

Try this:
Add a few tracks and start playback.
In "Upcoming Tracks", the playing track should be the first one at the top. Double click on it.

MusicBee v3.1.6259.40408 (Win6.1), 20 févr. 2017 13:36:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: L'index était hors limites. Il ne doit pas être négatif et doit être inférieur à la taille de la collection.
Nom du paramètre : index
   à System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   à #=q3LqWAfSfxZI1yEsIsx3Zmoqhfb8_Wu9GdKQHIo9Yepf2gFsRocThQG0jDNJIr_fd.#=qBDdsgeKxiNh6QiGL_S1qWB9tLJDHzqn2m3Lv75t_s4A=(Int32 #=qQl7fMm5oeA5SCk6qMnfsjQ==)
   à MusicBee.Media.PlayManager.#=qwm4Sjt4jBdbsl97sNq$TKA==(Int32 #=q6NOQuDVu7nKRVrRRUh1GVg==, Boolean #=qD_Vj7jZXuBpvMeJlijDU9w==)
   à #=qJffUuETWrLu6O2oVg$kgY6O$Wd7ppCgt0exSHOQUo$U=.#=qZ1cqhEzfyI6xJCAltqhdx8FjXAWYyfujF4iTPzLOqC8=.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseEventArgs #=q1CRxLM$dVwNhd_vjGt0ldg==)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à #=qvoXqqGViwOb52e5q5r7kLeJ7LkMeWc7A7wzySsCJoA8=.WndProc(Message& #=qdfDOFdAMxH3UIHtTxNXHag==)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

EDIT:
Figured out how to reproduce.
I have a button to clear the Playing Tracks. When I press it, it clears all tracks in "Upcoming Tracks" and doesn't leave the last played track like when I delete them right from the panel. I get the error only when I drag an album to the panel.
Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:41:25 PM by theG

Steven

• Administrator
Try this:
Add a few tracks and start playback.
In "Upcoming Tracks", the playing track should be the first one at the top. Double click on it.
thats fixed for the next update

theG

thats fixed for the next update

I have edited my previous post on how to reproduce the proglem I had in the OP, in case you missed it ;)

Steven

• Administrator

klint

First, thanks for implementing this feature :)

1) Maybe not a bug, but I just wanted to know whether the display of positions in orange icons is intended, and what is the rationale behind (some have, some haven't)?

2) Also, on the contrary to Now Playing list, there is no way to change to current playing list by double clicking on an upcoming track. The right click option works thought. And maybe this is better to avoid changes by accident, and could also be applied to Now Playing list?

3) And last, when trying to drag and drop the CURRENT playing track to the future (dont' know exactly what for though), I get the following error:

MusicBee v3.1.6260.39976 (Win6.1), 21 févr. 2017 11:06:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at #=qCe$4FHRc3flKjDTMXg7j5igXKozMesFkzkqgnQHqUnawSEtc2D9F_uO5A3eKaM0h.#=qy$nlFpLIoZqMS$Whkot3Mf2pNOnh9f3JyPydLjsiQPM=(Int32[] #=qFIvOUns9tAZJYPjr4i2Q4g==, Int32 #=q4QX4aeC6bGw7VaiAv4KvGw==)
   at MusicBee.Media.PlayManager.#=qS7w7SFDgVGT6P7H2Ha1v0b$FLk5CChEoatA9FOQoZyM=(Int32[] #=q6JgklZ50JZ7spJ54JOhIKQ==, Int32 #=q0AmW13kXF6rab1f$9QLE3A==)
   at #=qxj8aoSN2Pm5u5fv2mekgZUuWYWf34t212TLPqZ_Ucxw=.#=qqYCag$ce7Pu3he3O7ckz97zBtVDDxK03PxaWZB1YKQg=.#=q9EsnpqgZPETKSI1JEsoVaSPfYmwon2PSSnjOo_XdqPc=._Lambda$__0(List`1 #=qt8XxmsYXpRH$dSzq8jD8yA==)

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
i have merged this with the wishlist request because i think its useful for everyone to see the responses in the one topic

1) numbering means the ordering is forced. This is especially necessary when shuffle is not enabled because the normal play sequence is the order of the tracks in the playlist. Having said that, i think i will change the behavior so numbering is not displayed when Upcoming Tracks is being shown

2 & 3 i will fix
Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:26:15 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I have fixed the two bugs and removed the display of the forced order numbers in the "Upcoming Tracks" panel.

I am curious what reasons people would use the "Upcoming Tracks" panel when shuffle is not enabled.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

also makes the upcoming tracks available in the compact player, and now playing panel

Alumni

There's no option to choose between "upcoming tracks" and "playing tracks" in the right sidebar of the now playing tab yet.

I can confirm this too.

Steven

• Administrator
There is no header bar item for it and wont be.
However you can use the hotkey.
If Shuffle is enabled, then the toggle is also available from the right click context menu. As it stands I don't see a strong case for the Upcoming Tracks panel to be available for when shuffle is not enabled and I think it will just lead to confusion but if someone does give a good reason for it then I will make it more easily accessible when shuffle is not enabled.

klint

I have fixed the two bugs and removed the display of the forced order numbers in the "Upcoming Tracks" panel.

I am curious what reasons people would use the "Upcoming Tracks" panel when shuffle is not enabled.

Works fine, thanks Steven.
As for the reasons, it easily allows "manual shuffle" :). "Now Playing pane" also, but "Upcoming tasks" one is neater, focused on the future.
Could be useful also to order podcasts episodes (when no specific order is required).
Just some guesses.