Author Topic: Option to not sync playlist themselves but only content  (Read 4117 times)

klint

Hi
Some of us are using playlists only to define the list of tracks to be synced (I do so :) ), then manage playlists on the device (mainly auto playlists in my case).
Could there be an option in the sync settings to avoid sending the playlists at the end of the sync process?
Either a global setting to make it simple, or maybe a setting per playlist (but that may not be worth)..
Thanks
Cheers

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
While you are waiting to see if this is implemented, a workaround you could use is to sync specific filters instead of playlists.  Depending on how you're defining what you want to sync, you might use auto-playlist criteria, specific tags, or "ticked vs unticked" to define your filter.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

marlonob

I don’t know if this will work for you (or which device do you have) but for me, if, in the Settings sections for the device, in the “playlist path” field, I put something like “..\Playlists” it will not write anything on the device, but still sync all the files.

Steven

• Administrator
For the next v3.1 update, i have added an extra choice on the device sync settings Playlist format: "Don't Save"
so it applies to all playlists synched to that device

theG

For the next v3.1 update, i have added an extra choice on the device sync settings Playlist format: "Don't Save"

Or what about adding an extra "Send playlist file" checkbox column in the device properties / Music tab / "synchronise playlists"? That way we could choose which playlist files to send.

klint

Thanks Steven. I have tested with version 3.1.6287 and yes, the new "don't save" option is here, but still, the playlists appear as to be copied in the Sync Preview and are being copied actually.

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a zip of your settings (help/support/view settings) and the name of the device

phred

• Global Moderator
Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place, or perhaps I need glasses, put using 3.1.6287 I do not see the new "don't save" option.
Preferences > Devices > (select any of my three devices) > Configure > Settings. I've looked in Settings and I've looked in Music. I still don't see the new option.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
this is the relevant info:
let me know if you still cant find it

phred

• Global Moderator
let me know if you still cant find it
I'm sorry, but I still don't see it. I feel like I'm looking in the wrong place...

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
playlist storage/ save as
Thanks for putting up with my ignorance, Steven. I've got it now. <sigh>

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
there is a bug where on some configurations the new setting wont persist. That should be fixed for the next v3.1 update