Author Topic: Using music stored on a sdcard  (Read 7296 times)

sandboks

Sorry in advance for bumping an old thread, but I'm having this same issue on my Surface. The Micro SD card shows up as a device in MusicBee, which means I can't select it in the monitored folders window. Dragging and dropping music from an Explorer window also doesn't seem to work.

The only way I can import these songs is to have it copy the Windows media library during the initial startup. I even tried changing my librarysettings ini file to add the sd card folders manually, but MusicBee will still refuse to monitor them.

I'd like the option to set devices as regular drives, for when this issue occurs. It's a pretty major issue and means I'll have to stick with Windows Media Player on my laptop...

EDIT: I stand corrected. Editing the ini file did work, it just took a while and all my music showed up all at once. If anyone else is having this issue, give that a shot. I still think you shouldn't have to jump through those hoops, but I'm glad there's a workaround.
Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 11:08:48 AM by sandboks

zan5hin

Hello, I just came across the same issue, with a Samsung windows tablet with an 128GB SD Card slot that I want to use to store music.

This is with latest Musicbee, just downloaded it today on this machine.

My solution was to follow this guide: https://www.radishlogic.com/tools/making-sd-card-permanent-storage-windows-10/

I tried to use elevated command prompt to make a hard link and this does essentially the same thing.

I now have a folder which musicbee can see, located at C:\SD Card\Music