Author Topic: Lost all the information in the Playlist field column.  (Read 3073 times)

movebetter

Hi, i suddenly Lost  all the information in the Playlist field column. Is there anything i can do to recover it? thanks,

movebetter

movebetter

Steven

• Administrator
in the Music\MusicBee folder, delete the file: MusicBeeLibrary.pidx
can you PM me a link to a zip of it first so i can see what happened

movebetter

Hi Steven, thanks for your reply. i see the file but i  dont know how to send that. i will try to get someone here tomorrow who does and we will send it.

boroda

just upload zip of that file to mediafire.com or another file hosting and pm the link to it to Steven.

Steven

• Administrator
the file looks fine.  Perhaps you have renamed the playlists outside of MB?
in any case, still try deleting the file as it gets regenerated

movebetter

When first I got your (Steven)  suggestion I went to the file and right clicked it and chose "compress and email"  that took me to express zip file
. It got complicated so I canceled out but then my playlists started to work on any new adds I did and the 3 dots went away in all playlist columns. But none  of them  re populated. Sounds like I am out of luck on getting back  to where I was.

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using v3.0, then try this version:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee files. Also delete the "MusicBeeLibrary.pidx" file again before restarting MB

movebetter

wow, that worked, thanks so much!! i make playlists for dances and it helps so much to know when i last used certain tracks,

Steven

• Administrator
if it worked then the issue is one of your playlists is corrupted. Check the end of the error log for the playlist name (help/ support/ view error log)
Also i recommend you re-download the same link as there was a sorting bug for playlists
Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:28:58 PM by Steven

movebetter

ok, i need someone with more knowledge then me to do that. as soon as i get info i will send , thanks again, big relief.