Author Topic: New View has me lost  (Read 1587 times)

WPJoe

After upgrading to the latest version I am totally lost.  I cant find my way around the New View.

In the old version when in the Music Library I would constantly have on the Left Panel a list of playlists, as well as Devices connected.  This made it easy to drag songs to a playlist, or drag playlists or songs to the device for synch.

Honestly I just cant figure out how to see this anymore.  When I open MusicBee I see playlists on the left but no devices.  When I click the + sign at the top for a new tab I briefly see a view that looked like the old version - music library in the center and a list of playlists and devices along the left panel.  But as soon as I try to do anything the left panel disappears and I can no longer switch between them, drag individual songs, etc.

Can someone please tell me what obvious thing I am missing?  Can I just downgrade to the older version to get these views back?  Im really struggling with the new UI.

Sorry and thanks for any advice.

Steven

• Administrator
you want to open the left sidebar.
The quickest way is to click the Panel Arrangement button by the search box/ Left Sidebar/ Show Panel

phred

• Global Moderator
I'd like to suggest a way for you to stay 'unlost.'

When you open the Panel Arrangement window, when you click on an element on the right side, a red indicator appears all any node(s) on the left side where the selected element can go. It's simple to experiment with the layout as long as you remember which element you just enabled. Then if you don't like it, you can just untick the box for the element. I suggest experimenting with one element at a time so you don't get in over your head and can't figure out which one(s) to remove.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here