Author Topic: Music Scheduler  (Read 32622 times)

Rotary

plugin uses windows task scheduler if you tick 'wake up computer to play this task' option (dont remember exact wording, its option in the table).
2 day limit is intational and it would be very hard to change this.
i think i didnt understand the problem with running notebook from battery.

Thank you for your shift answer and help.

It is just that the task is setup to stop when running on battery, but it is not that problematic.

I think removing the limit could make the plug-in even more useful, let me know if you decide changing that =)

Edward Janusz

Hi there, I installed MusicBee and your Scheduler a few days ago. I can't seem to get the Scheduler to work.

I created my own playlist - 5 tracks for a total of about 14 minutes. I want it to come on about 15 minutes before I have to get up.

I can't make .jpg's show up in the preview, so I'll try to explain. In the Task Editor, I have

Checkmark, checkmark, checkmark, start date (5/3/2018), checkmark, start time (8:10:00 am), playlist (Younger than Yesterday), checkmark, end date (5/6/2018), checkmark, end time (8:32:49 AM), NO checkmark, duration (blank), NO checkmark under the "power off" symbol.

In the Music Scheduler Settings panel, I have Turn Off Mode: Leave PC on, and also Wakeup PC on music start (though this PC is on all night anyway, with the monitor turned off).

I think the start date (5/3) and the end date (5/6) mean that MusicBee would play this play list on the mornings of May 3, May 4, May 5, and May 6 (until 8:32 AM). But maybe I'm wrong?

I'm on Windows 10 version 1709.

Thanks!

Edward Janusz

OK, here are the graphics I couldn't get to work yesterday.

I hope this helps explain the trouble I posted about yesterday.

Thanks!

boroda

it would much more understandable if posted screenshot of trouble task.

Edward Janusz

Hello boroda74,

I uploaded screen shots just before you replied. They should be in the post right above yours. Are they what you are looking for? Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks!

Yes, the way I "explained" it at first was pretty bad! At the time, this board wasn't letting me upload pictures. I thought it was because I am new here, but I think the board was just having a bad day.

boroda

the only problem i is duration of subtask is longer than 1 day. as far as i remember its not supported, you should split subtask.

Sizzlinol

Hey there, boroda74,

I like the idea of this plugin very much, but there's one thing that keeps me from using it:

Rather than starting the defined playlist, it would be much cooler if there would be an option to queue it at defined date/time after the currently playing song. This way there won't be an abrupt interruption when the plugin's effect kicks in. I would immediately start using it when there's support for that.

Greetings

boroda

actually i dont understand this request, you already can specify start date/time of a playlist. or you mean start playlist *later* specified date/time, just after current song is finished?

Sizzlinol

I asked for an option to only queue a playlist (which then of course starts after the end of the currently playing song) instead of starting it. I know there's already a similar option, but it just won't work for me for some reason. It only stops after the now playing song and nothing happens afterwards. Queueing would be more elegant for my taste and would probably fix this issue. The plugin as it is now only starts working if the player is on pause. At least that's what I'm experiencing. Hope that makes things clearer.
Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:44:08 AM by Sizzlinol

completeos

is it intentional that the plugin only works on auto-start when musicbee is closed or when musicbee is stopped or paused ? because when my playlist should start to play and another song is playing at the same moment musicbee just stops playing

any chance to make a change ?

kind regards

boroda

I asked for an option to only queue a playlist (which then of course starts after the end of the currently playing song) instead of starting it. I know there's already a similar option, but it just won't work for me for some reason. It only stops after the now playing song and nothing happens afterwards. Queueing would be more elegant for my taste and would probably fix this issue. The plugin as it is now only starts working if the player is on pause. At least that's what I'm experiencing. Hope that makes things clearer.
if i understood your correctly, you can untick start day/time for all following playlists afrer the 1st one and all playlists will be played in sequence (just queued). if you want to queue some playlist into now playlist you can right-click a playlist and select 'queue next'.

boroda

is it intentional that the plugin only works on auto-start when musicbee is closed or when musicbee is stopped or paused ? because when my playlist should start to play and another song is playing at the same moment musicbee just stops playing

any chance to make a change ?

kind regards
if you mean 'autostart mb' option then i dont remember correct mb behavior if its already running.

completeos

i believe sizlinol meant auto-queueing, hence scheduled

it's not my language, but maybe you can understand me this way

1) я создал задачу
Дополнительная информация: в задаче имеется только 1 плейлист
следующие два тика: только воспроизведение / пропустить плейлист и включить время запуска отмечены галочкой, я нажал ok, а затем применил, я также удостоверился, что задача активирована, затем я воспроизвожу любую песню вручную

2), тогда, когда определенный список воспроизведения должен начать играть в определенное время, задача останавливает текущее воспроизведение и больше ничего не делает

я бы ожидал, что он начнет играть в плейлист мгновенно (или после окончания текущей песни) вместо остановки воспроизведения

Я думаю, что это было запрошено много раз в этой теме, но на это не было реального ответа

я не могу поверить, что это преднамеренно

вам нужно видео?

kind regards

boroda

i think i understood you, but i need to check current behavior first, because your description of current behavior sounds strange.

boroda