Author Topic: windows shell extension  (Read 11563 times)

chorpo

Hi,
would it be possible to add windows shell support -> right click on mp3 file and option play now, queue next, queue last??? Also option to make musicbee default player for defined filetypes???

Steven

• Administrator
yes good suggestion - i need to research how to do this Play Now, Queue Next, Queue Last shell support though.
It should already be supporting MB as the default player - in the System Preferences tab you can associate files with MB for it to be the default player

chorpo

I have that association set but I had to manually set icons for all music files. When I select two or more files and select open in right context menu, I see only one file in now playing list, correct this one also please.

You can also use preferences for now playing list in options. When you double click on files in windows explorer, musicbee will behave according to these settings.

When you investigate options for Play Now, Queue Next, Queue Last than please remeber also folders not only files so integrate MB also to right click menu of folders (than of course add only music files ;-) )

yours big fan, peter

Steven

• Administrator
i'll look at fixing these issues for the 1.0 release, although i dont know if i will be able to do the Queue Next/Last in the right click - depends how hard it is when i figure out how to do it!

zabier

Sorry for my bad english but, planning you support for windows 7?

I mean support for jump list and new taskbar.

And please, dont release 1.0 version. Rename it to 0.9 or something similar. Musicbee is now awesome player, but it is not ready for final release.

Steven

• Administrator
i downloaded windows 7 release canidate the other day so i can start looking at it and what functionality i can support from it.
I know a couple of people already running MusicBee on windows 7 so should work already, just without support for some of the new features of windows 7.

It's too late for calling it 0.9 because i have already distributed 1.0 RC1 but why do you think MusicBee is not ready for 1.0 release?
There is more functionality i plan to add over the year but i think it has enough functionality and is stable enough for a 1.0 release. But if you are still finding bugs please let me know and i will try to fix them before the final 1.0 release. And if there are specific features you think should be included then please add them to the wishlist topic.

chorpo

Windows 7 have not been ship as a RTM version yet. It's only RC. Microsoft can change some things before releasing final version (like always :-) so I think that being patient is the way we have to act like. I have tested MB on Windows 7 and it runs ok without any problems. Support for things like jump list, taskbar (which mentioned zabier) would be great but I think that for now it is not necessary. I think that Steven will add these features in one of future versions...

I think than musicbee (MB) desirves version 1.0. It's great player/organizer with many features which other players (being much longer developed than MB) dont have. Steve made a decision and we have to accept it. He develops it so he has this right. He's doing a great job on MB.

According to new windows shell extension functionality - all three options (play, queue next, queue last) - it's almost perfect :-).
I have only three suggestions:

1) when I select more than one music file in directory, right cick with mouse one them and select queue next or queue last, they didnt appear in now playing list in that order... can you add sorting selected files before adding to now plating list???

2) same as one but selecting play now, files are added strangelly - now playing list is cleared, three files are added, than now playing list is cleared one more time and the rest of the files is added to now playing list and started to play - thay are also not sorted by filename.

3) according to 1) and 2), aimp (russian media player) has option in settings saying - sort by filename - so when its on, files are sorted before adding to list... Can you add this great feature before releasing final 1.0 version??

Peter

Steven

• Administrator
chorpo,
regarding 1 & 2 - its the windows behaviour. Windows explorer calls the default program (MB) multiple times - once for each selected file, and the order it does it is: firstly the file which the mouse is over when you right click, then the following selected files and then starting from the top, the first selected files.
Well thats how i found it in my testing anyway.
I can do your suggestion for having an option to re-sort the playlist as files are added in sequence but i would prefer to do that after the 1.0 release. In the interim, i think if when you right click, you right click over the first selected song it should add the files in the sequence you want.

zabier

i downloaded windows 7 release canidate the other day so i can start looking at it and what functionality i can support from it.
I know a couple of people already running MusicBee on windows 7 so should work already, just without support for some of the new features of windows 7.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd378460(VS.85).aspx

I hope this help you.

But if you are still finding bugs please let me know and i will try to fix them before the final 1.0 release.
Ok, i report what i find in right thread.