Author Topic: easy re-arrange of custom tags  (Read 4279 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I know I've posted a similar request before, but with all the work that has been done on the tagging panel for 3.1, I thought I'd do a mock-up of a possible way to implement this.

What I'd like is an easy way to change the placement of the custom tags in the 'Tag (2)' tab, that also updated the links in virtual tags and other naming and display templates.

I was thinking something along the lines of the toolbar configuration menu.
Opening the preferences menu would give you;

and selecting 'Arrange Tags...' would open a panel like so:

where you could change the custom tag display names as you can now, but also change the position by altering the number and hitting 'Tab'.  You do this in the current toolbar menu to change the order there.

As MB doesn't save the display name into any templates, only the reference of Custom1, Custom2, etc, MB could then just alter the number in the templates and all the links would be updated.

PLEASE VOTE ON THIS IDEA IN THE POLLS SECTION HERE
Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:28:48 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

alec.tron

~1 (or something... :D)

I would love for the tags tabs to be completely user definable, tab(1) as well as tab(2)...
I do not use many tags, but of the few I rely on regularly, 2 are only accessible via tab(2), which I would love to have display all the secondary tags (i.e. the ones I personally do not need to access very often) in favour of the ones I deem very important to me to be on tab(1).

Churs.
c.

theta_wave

Steven

• Administrator
i wont add more custom tags (recent v3.1 changes should have freed up several tags anyway)

As to the original request, i am inclined not to do it because there are a lot of places that are not immediately apparent that custom tags can be referenced and i dont want to make more difficult and risky changes than i have already done so for v3.1

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
As to the original request, i am inclined not to do it because there are a lot of places that are not immediately apparent that custom tags can be referenced

Having re-arranged my custom tags panel again (after the 3.1 changes), I could well imagine this would be a nightmare to try and implement in any GUI form.

When a change is made to custom tags and you hit apply/save in the preferences panel, before starts re-scanning all your files to update the library, would it be possible for MB to pause and offer to create a simple .txt file of the templates, virtual tags, et al from the config file that are about to be altered?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together