Author Topic: Computer folders in Library Explorer  (Read 5564 times)

Steven

• Administrator
This has been asked for a few times, so I have added navigation by folder to the library explorer. Just click the library explorer panel header and choose "Folders":
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

also this version closes the tag editor faster when saving files - you should notice the difference if you have a large library

redwing

How come no one's ever reported these bugs as I found they have persisted since v3.1.6275 right after the implementation?

1. If you try to open sub-folders with "show count" option enabled, you get this error. If you can't reproduce it, try keep changing selected category between folders and others. With show count disabled, it works fine.

MusicBee v3.1.6415.38657 (Win10.0)

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qhO$1lWX3hbe3vC5gbFdjyZGeZwvNK_EdMS0sXXhmbWE=.#=qLjXVKtKZ0SZNcb$2skAffw==(Int32 #=qlrGkyWseTIYNwpZ$tYv0eA==, String #=qI3kOPALLepXfNTnDEwc0lg==, Boolean #=ql3GPtxuXgfPFEKya3EK1XkSYjQ7tzMyKXKjlbrBaI60=, #=qXx4Z0GKjdEqzJbmNKJpEBzsZ$pVOjtjaFP9odh79bXA=[] #=qYgNceCzKsX3q6xtIrW_oxg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qhO$1lWX3hbe3vC5gbFdjyZGeZwvNK_EdMS0sXXhmbWE=.#=qVPjWsr73tKsKYef$$zTS0A==(#=qvx3lFNypvBwgpalqw4QfoqSjfACRbOI3mIEVHQUndkF$cO_QEzRdEwngabW0aarb #=qPi1DKzX$pp4HKDkdqrx$5g==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qhO$1lWX3hbe3vC5gbFdjyZGeZwvNK_EdMS0sXXhmbWE=.#=qqgWgTAm7uxxZZgDwbF7jvzNW$TWJCk4KAw4xmoxcymE=.#=qspa0Z0IddruWyAhHvsM3UA==(#=qvx3lFNypvBwgpalqw4QfoqSjfACRbOI3mIEVHQUndkF$cO_QEzRdEwngabW0aarb #=qAORkZ8CjkXY7SQ7MhKMOXQ==)
   at #=q55uYYxFKHvoIrrfe_pL8NzYw9EAYhzIQwJnuOT1Hi9E=.#=qGC3bvQOuWB02ExGoQslZxA_9cNZCO3VbZYtPnukN3Cw=(#=qQr66E6WjLJQROLd8sLjE5Q== #=q0ySuAm3VfchdKh6n6Mbabw==)
   at #=q55uYYxFKHvoIrrfe_pL8NzYw9EAYhzIQwJnuOT1Hi9E=.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qTcmUluiPPYZYTBWbPsZRHQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qhO$1lWX3hbe3vC5gbFdjyZGeZwvNK_EdMS0sXXhmbWE=.#=qqgWgTAm7uxxZZgDwbF7jvzNW$TWJCk4KAw4xmoxcymE=.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=qXB48Vd6heAyBtF_hIXAwWg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qeV1iPuEW7QJJMxcO$erJ1P0J4gh1HYTdg07Qjq54myc=.WndProc(Message& #=qZtb0btKLZb5unw$Pzt5jIg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2. If you import multiple files from the same top-level folder, it for some reason lists the same folder multiple times. If any of its sub-folders contain library files, then each folder shows the same tree of sub-folders. Of course it shows the same items if you click on any of the same folders. The following screenshot shows C:\test 5 times, which means 5 items were imported from that folder including other items from its sub-folder a, b, and c. It only happens to top-level folders.

Steven

• Administrator
Both issues are fixed for the next update. I guess not many people realise the Folder structure is available from the library explorer or just dont use it. Having said, i had to contrive the folder structure to reproduce 2

redwing

It doesn't show the whole folders for "No Filter" node.

Steven

• Administrator
i dont know what you mean by "No Filter" node. Can you post a screenshot?

redwing

Regarding #2 issue, it no longer lists the same folder multiple times.
But its count is wrong.

It has all 8 files, 5 in C:\test, 1 in each of its sub-folder a, b, c.

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce any issues with "no filter" selected or a filter selected

redwing

I noticed this with computer node too but do you see the triangle mark next to the sub-folder a, b, c in the screenshot above? They don't have any sub-folders, so if you click on the mark, it disappears. Can it not show those mark for folders having no sub-folders? It's very misleading leading to the user's unnecessary clicks.

Steven

• Administrator
I noticed this with computer node too but do you see the triangle mark next to the sub-folder a, b, c in the screenshot above? They don't have any sub-folders, so if you click on the mark, it disappears. Can it not show those mark for folders having no sub-folders? It's very misleading leading to the user's unnecessary clicks.
the reason is the same in both cases. To know whether a folder has more sub-folders requires querying the folder which in aggregate would take too long. However I just noticed windows explorer no longer has this behaviour. but it used to. Something could be done but i wont do it for v3.1

redwing

This issue persists even with all filters removed. If I select no filter, it show classical folders only (used to be first filter). If I switch to another category, it shows all files, so node selection is correct. Again with folders category, if I click on "All" (counter is wrong too) just above the classical music folder, then it shows all files in the main panel.
If I revert back to the previous version, it's working fine. Any ideas?

Steven

• Administrator
the files used should be completely independent of the tag category displayed in the library explorer. So if you displayed artists i would expect the same issues.
I am expecting what you are reporting is some bug with how MB applies the active filter to the library explorer and i would expect restarting MB to correct the issue.
If the above is correct it should just be a case of how you are applying the library filter and in what circumstance the library explorer is not using the correct filter eg. maybe its to do with switching tabs

redwing

No, it happens only with folders category. Other categories are working fine.
I just removed all tabs too. But still it just shows classical music folder.
Where do you think it gets the notion of classical filter without any filters and tabs? And why does this happen only with the current version?

redwing

Just noticed there was another updated version.
Still the issue persists. But the difference is now "All" shows the correct count for all files in the library but still lists only classical music folder below it.