Author Topic: Auto-tag by album feature puts a semicolon instead of 'feat'  (Read 2109 times)

l.dc

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 164
I use Picard for most of my tagging before the music is imported into MusicBee. However, sometimes I use MusicBee's album search to tag my tracks. I never felt there was a problem with it until today when I realised a song that I was playing through PowerAmp on my Android phone that should have the artist 'The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk' showed on Last.fm as 'THE WEEKND DAFT PUNK'. So, it didn't link to the song on the website too, just a blank entry. I looked at the tags of the song by importing it into Picard and realised that when I find the info for a song through MusicBee there's a semicolon added in the artist field instead of 'feat.'

I am sharing images to clarify what I mean. This is for the song 'My First Kiss'. First image is when tagging through Picard, second image is after tagging through MusicBee and then importing into  Picard to see the results. Please confirm if it's the way MusicBee is supposed to work or if it can be improved.

Picard tagged

MusicBee tagged

To confirm, my issue is not with the info that MusicBee sends to Last.fm when scrobbling, but the info it sends to the phone when syncing which in turn sends the info to Last.fm when scrobbling.


Steven

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34349
that looks as expected to me. The "display artist" is what MB displays and it has assigned the track to two artists. The ; will just be Picards formatting for multiple artists. Some forum members use Picard and could confirm that.
As to how PowerAmp interprets multiple artists, i cant say.
If you use MB for synching then i guess one possibility is an option to force the display artist to be synched in place of the multiple artists but that should go on the wishlist

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10691
Yes, this is a known issue when syncing with most Android players.  They don't interpret multiple artists well for scrobbling.  Not really MusicBee's fault, but it would be nice it if we could tell it to replace artist with Display Artist when syncing...
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

l.dc

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 164
Yes, this is a known issue when syncing with most Android players.  They don't interpret multiple artists well for scrobbling.  Not really MusicBee's fault, but it would be nice it if we could tell it to replace artist with Display Artist when syncing...

I am glad I am not alone in this. So, as of now, I will stick to Picard for tagging and MusicBee for album art, genres and volume levelling.