Author Topic: what is the best way to store musicbee settings?  (Read 6338 times)

Gothmoth

what files do i have to backup when i want to save the musicbee settings (interface changes, preferences etc.)?

i spend a lot of time configuring musibee.
how do i best store these settings?

phred

• Global Moderator
File > Library > Backup Library will back up the settings folder to a location of your choice. You can add additional folders/files to back up.
For instance I back up my playlists and plugins folders. At this point I'm pretty sure you can't save your layout, unless it's stored along with the settings folder. But with the new panel arranger it's pretty simple to restore your layout. If you're truly concerned about the layout, take a screen shot and store it with your backups.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Gothmoth

At this point I'm pretty sure you can't save your layout, unless it's stored along with the settings folder

thanks for your answer. but im not sure if i get what you wrote in the quote.

i want to save the UI layout but also all the other stuff i changed in the preferences.

so in case i do a fresh installation i donĀ“t have to do all the tweaking again.
last time it took a good hour until everything was the way i wanted it.

so there is no global settings file that stores all the musicbee related settings?

i am not concerned about downloaded lyrics, artist pictures etc.  just the musicbee settings.

phred

• Global Moderator
Correct - there is no one 'settings' file. Nor is there a way to save the UI layout.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You may also find this page helpful: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)