Author Topic: noobie question on separating albums  (Read 1681 times)

ozpomfromhell

OK, in advance i apologise if this has been gone over (and over) before.
I have literally just today downloaded Musicbee after 8 years using the various incarnations of Logitech Media Server for use with a Squeezebox.
In LMS I could see a list of artists and if I clicked on one I would see a list of albums (folders). Then I could click on that and get a list of tracks on the album (in the folder) and then simply click the first to play the whole album.
In Musicbee I seem to have a choice of every track by an artist or  having to pick an album by name.
Is there a way of clicking through artists to get the albums they are credited with?
I can't see it. But I know I might just be looking for the wrong term or something.
I am sure there must be a simple solution.
SO if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance for any ideas you can offer.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you need, but have you tried Artists view?  You can click on the artist to get a list of albums, and click on an album to show/play It
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ozpomfromhell

Thanks for the reply and the welcome.
I thought when I clicked artist view I got a list of all the tracks with albums labelled but all in the same list.
What you described was exactly what I wanted.
I know the external hard drive with all the music on has tracks within individual album folders.
I shall look at that again this afternoon (Australian time).

ozpomfromhell

Psychoadept
Your reply send me scurrying back and I have now figured out what I was missing, although I have to admit it took me 4 goes!
If you will indulge me, is there a way that Musicbee will search for album cover pictures?
I can't spot it.
It is almost certainly me.
It always is. :'(

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad you figured it out!

Yes, usually you can right click on an album cover (or where one would be) and choose "search internet for picture".
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ozpomfromhell

Thanks. As is usually the case, the answer is right under my nose where I am not looking.
Overnight I turned the computer off and the settings went back to tracks list.
Is there a way of fixing them?
I presume I can only look for missing artwork one album at a time as I have to ok them individually.
I reckon I am running out of credit here pretty quickly!
Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:59:51 AM by ozpomfromhell

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Overnight I turned the computer off and the settings went back to tracks list.

That shouldn't happen. Did you close MB before shutting off your computer? Are you running the latest version of MB?

I presume I can only look for missing artwork one album at a time as I have to ok them individually.

Ctrl + o > Tags (2) > check "auto-retrieve missing artwork for the playing track" to automatically download art while you play tracks.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6