Author Topic: Permanently adjust loudness  (Read 1498 times)

Foraes

Hi,

I see that one can't permanently adjust the loudness of songs since MusicBee 3. I assume it's because of the quality loss but I am more than willing to accept that if it means I can save my hearing capacity. The reason I don't use the "virtual device"-feature is because my complete music library syncs (Syncthing) onto multiple devices with no ReplayGain support.
Is there somehow a way to get this done within MusicBee?
Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:00:26 AM by Foraes

hiccup

Welcome to the forum Foraes,

This does come up every once in a while.
That feature was removed a long time ago because it could happen that users who didn't understand it's working, might 'accidentily' use it, and leave it activated without understanding that it indeed alters the original sound quality, and then might later on put the blame on MusicBee for doing that.

I might have a suggestion for a compromise to bring this feature back without needing to resort to using a virtual device.
There could be an option to activate it for the instance when you want to do encoding with permanent loudness adjustment.
But it would then not be a sticky setting, but would only be active for that operation, and revert back immediatly after completion.
In that way you would have the option available, and it would avoid the risk of leaving it activated accidentily.

If this would be of interest to you, you could create a wish for it on the wishlist board.

Foraes

I see one can add tools to the "send to"-menu. Is it possible to use the program MP3Gain in combination with MusicBee? If yes, which parameters are required to accomplish that?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Is there somehow a way to get this done within MusicBee?

It may not be convenient for you, but perhaps you could use MB's built-in syncing features instead of Syncthing. There is an option to level the volume there.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6