Author Topic: Whats your favourite Auto Playlist ?  (Read 14080 times)

Terry Walker

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
However, my favorite playlist has to be my last.fm loved songs, songs I deemed unskippable.

Any thoughts about yourself and other MB fans sharing Last.fm 'loved songs' with us? - I'm always on the look-out (or should that be, ear-out?) for new music.
I doubt I'll live long enough to listen to all of the 35 million tunes on Spotify  :-X  

www.last.fm/user/Fred_Barker

Cheers!!

The Incredible Boom Boom

Thread merge candidate?

For the most part, mine are auto-playlists with some manual additions as necessary. They are based on keywords and/or words in a title.

For my "Names" auto-playlist I use a keyword (names) which I set up as I add tracks to my collection. This of course is tedious at the beginning, but once the bulk of them were done, it's just a matter of remembering to add new ones as they come along.

This gives me 183 tracks like these:

For auto-playlists based on the title, I use my limited understanding of RegEx so that this

automatically gives me any titles that have "day" or "night" in the title while -not- adding any titles that have a day of the week - SunDAY, MonDAY, etc.
This gives me 460 tracks:

I didn't want to derail the other thread by continuing this topic there, but it's been on my to-do list for quite some time to begin getting more "into" playlists. These above are some interesting ideas. Any other unique playlists anyone wants to share? So far, most of mine are based on <Loved> tracks. I have several auto-playlists that generate <Loved> files based on the original release year, for instance. Another one I like a lot is an auto-playlist that generates least played classical pieces by work. I use it often.

I only have one that is really "unique," though. It's a Playlist Mixer that combines two other Playlist Mixers: one generates random tracks and the other random tracks plus one album. In the combined Playlist Mixer, it creates a mix of random tracks, then an album and then more random tracks.
Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 03:49:15 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

ChilaChill

All tracks are rated greater than 3.5 stars, have not played in the last 4 weeks and are not seasonal or classical genre.
Then it's 3 tracks from the 1920's, 30's, 40's or 50's decades
3 from 60's, 70's or 80's
3 from 90's, 00's or 10's
all selected at random
then select to play shuffled
gives a broad selection from my library  :)

Hiii i know this is a reply of 7 years later
but i would love to do that autoplaylist as you say :o

ChilaChill

My favortie AutoPlaylist by Far Has to be my Most Played Albums using the Virtual Tag of Album Play Count
$Sum(<Play Count>,<Album>)
in the custom sorting

Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 08:32:46 PM by ChilaChill

boroda

$Sum(<Play Count>,<Album>) is a very bad approximation to something useful.

something like:

$Sum(<Play Count>,<Album>)/<Album Track Count>

or even:

$Sum(<Play Count>,<Album>)/$Count(<Album>)

would be much better. also, take a look at this topic:

CREATING AN ALBUM PLAY COUNT CUSTOM TAG

ChilaChill

$Sum(<Play Count>,<Album>) is a very bad approximation to something useful.

something like:

$Sum(<Play Count>,<Album>)/<Album Track Count>

or even:

$Sum(<Play Count>,<Album>)/$Count(<Album>)
Thx for the reply and the virtual tags also read the topic
I checked it right away and for me i would keep the "$Sum" method cs the number is more acurrate for me, only have small problems with albums that i have deleted scrobbles or changed the name but its not a big deal for me

The Incredible Boom Boom

My favortie AutoPlaylist by Far Has to be my Most Played Albums using the Virtual Tag of Album Play Count
$Sum(<Play Count>,<Album>)
in the custom sorting

You might be interested in +1'ing this wish.

bigboss223a

All tracks are rated greater than 3.5 stars, have not played in the last 4 weeks and are not seasonal or classical genre. truecaller mod apk
Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 02:31:21 PM by bigboss223a