Author Topic: A button to start playing random tracks  (Read 4298 times)

colagen

Hello,

I used some time ago a foobar skin named eole, which features a button which populate and start playing : 200 random tracks, 20 albums, one artist, random tracks from a random genre, random tracks from a specific genre (you can choose from a menu list when you click on the button)

This is really great when you don't know exactly what you want to listen, you can click on the button repeatedly, until something you like comes.

If you want to try the exact skin, to understand : http://alibalicou.deviantart.com/art/Eole-608641604 (if you just want to try, you can install foobar in portable mode, and follow the little installation instructions, it doesn't take much time.)

Of course, the reason of this topic is that it would be great to have a similar button on musicbee ! You can do something similar using the shuffle mode, or the auto DJ, but i didn't manage to make it as fast and easy to do than just pushing a button
Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 05:55:35 PM by esteban

pandamonium

If you right click on the top of the program and select "configure toolbar" you can add a button that will play a random song by selecting "playback: play random track." It will add a button on the tabs bar.

colagen

Yep, i saw that, but it's clearly not as good as the skin i mentioned before.

Steven

• Administrator
i am not inclined to add a button for this but i just wanted to mention you can create very fine tuned lists of songs by creating a Playlist Mixer type playlist in the playlists panel. To start playback its simple as just double clicking on the playlist

colagen

Yep, my proposal is probably on of those whishes that fall in the category of "yep, that would be fine, but for whom ? Who really want that except you ? Who listen it's music randomly like that, seriously ?"
So, if that's your feeling, you are clearly right to not spend time on that :)

Thanks for you answer !