Author Topic: new sony walkman playlist problem  (Read 8959 times)

tonyl66

my old sony Walkman's battery is shot, so I got a new one.  But while I download the playlists and the music successfully, when I go to play the playlist, it says there is no songs available to play.

anyone else have this problem?  Some yutz from sony tells me the new players can't take m3u playlists now.

Tony

phred

• Global Moderator
If it can't take m3u (or even if it can) have you tried any of the other playlist formats available?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

tonyl66

I've selected the Walkman and gone to the settings panel.  Under playlist storage I see m3u, m3u8, m3u(#ext) m3u (ascii), asx, and wpl.  I've tried them all with no luck.
My old Walkman stored pla files with no problem for years.  When it's plugged in it shows m3u, m3u8, pla, and wpl.

Tony

phred

• Global Moderator
I think you need to do an online search for the specs on your new device and confirm what playlist formats it will accept.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

tonyl66

It is a NW-E395.

Sony is no help whatsoever.  Their on phone techs are completely useless.  All they tell me is to use their Media Go software and remake the 150 or so playlists I have.

Tony

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
If you can experiment with the Media Go software, perhaps you can determine the parameters of the playlists it creates and duplicate them in your device settings in MB.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

tonyl66

Any chance the people at MusicBee can figure this one out and fix it in the next revision?  Also seems to be a limit of 500 tracks in the playlists that the Walkman will accept now.  After 500, it downloads the music, but truncates the playlist.

phred

• Global Moderator
The "people" at MusicBee are one developer who does this in his spare time and charges you nothing for it. Everyone else are users trying to help each other. The lack of response you're getting is probably due to the fact that no one else is using the same device. And Steven (the sole developer) can't be expected to have every device out there.

Did you try Critterman's suggestion? If you don't try the suggestions offered and report back with results and more data, you're not going to get much help.

The problem you're experiencing (>500 tracks in playlist) is probably a Sony problem. Some of my playlists have >1000 tracks and transfer to my varied devices with no problems.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

TaRaNTuLa

my old sony Walkman's battery is shot, so I got a new one.  But while I download the playlists and the music successfully, when I go to play the playlist, it says there is no songs available to play.

anyone else have this problem?  Some yutz from sony tells me the new players can't take m3u playlists now.

Tony

To configure MusicBee to be able to sync playlists to your Sony NW-A35 Walkman: Select edit preferences\devices\Walkman\configure\settings
Leave everything to default except: Music Files: Music\<Playlist><Artist><Title> (You can arrange this to your liking but don't omit the arrow characters)
Storage Path: F:\  Make sure, use naming template, is checked
Playlists Path: MUSIC\
Check the box for: Create a subfolder for each playlist and its tracks.
Save as M3U
Now MusicBee will recognize the Sony Walkman. To send a playlist, created in MusicBee, to the Walkman, right click the playlist and select send to device WALKMAN
Make sure, when you are done in MusicBee, that you right click WALKMAN in the lower portion of MusicBee and select safely remove. That's it. Kiss MEDIAGO goodbye. ENJOY and you're welcome.

binaryesoterica

To configure MusicBee to be able to sync playlists to your Sony NW-A35 Walkman: Select edit preferences\devices\Walkman\configure\settings
Leave everything to default except: Music Files: Music\<Playlist><Artist><Title> (You can arrange this to your liking but don't omit the arrow characters)
Save as M3U
Now MusicBee will recognize the Sony Walkman. To send a playlist, created in MusicBee, to the Walkman, right click the playlist and select send to device WALKMAN
Make sure, when you are done in MusicBee, that you right click WALKMAN in the lower portion of MusicBee and select safely remove. That's it. Kiss MEDIAGO goodbye. ENJOY and you're welcome.

This worked perfectly. Thank you good sir. (If you are around to see this)

Note: Make sure that you are using an up to date version of MusicBee or not every thing will line up per TaRaNTuLa instructions.

HAL Lives

my old sony Walkman's battery is shot, so I got a new one.  But while I download the playlists and the music successfully, when I go to play the playlist, it says there is no songs available to play.

anyone else have this problem?  Some yutz from sony tells me the new players can't take m3u playlists now.

Tony

Save as M3U

Works a treat, the "Playlists Path" messed me up, I'd missed that step a bunch of times before I read your post!  :'(