Working with an album in my inbox, the Album Artist is "The Runaways" and the Artist is "The Runaways feat. Joan Jett." Using the Column viewer, displaying "Album Artist," "Album," and "Artist." Artist shows the appropriate name. At the beginning of this procedure, The "Artist" colum shows only "The Runaways feat. Joan Jett"
I take the following steps;
1. Right-Click the file, and select "Edit."
the appropriate windows shows up.
2. Click on the "Artist Splitter" button next to the "artist" field.
The "Multiple Artist Splitter" dialog box opens as expected.
The text in the "display artist" box is the same text as the "artist:" box. The "role" is set to "Artist."
3. I click on the "Split" button.
As expected the "artist:" fields are split, with one box showing "The Runaways," and the other box showing "Joan Jett."
4. I click the down arrow on the drop-down list for "role," and select "Guest Artist" on the line next to "Joan Jett"
The "display artist" field is not altered.
5. I click the "Update" button.
I return to the "File Properties dialog box" as expected, and all settings appear correct. The "artist" text box title has a small "plus" next to it denoting that there are multiple values. The text in the box is shaded indicating that it has been changed, but not saved. Clicking on the "Artist Splitter" at this point shows the same status as in step 4.
6. I click "Save" on the files properties dialog box.
This returns me to the original MusicBee view.
The "artist" colum briefly shows a third entry, but it returns to showing only "The Runaways," and "Joan Jett & The Runaways"
When I go back into the properties of the file, the "Artist" field shows only the main artist; "The Runaways" and when I go into the "Artist Splitter" there is no secondary artist shown.
Checking the tags with a third party application shows no other artist information.
I have no recollection of any changes I have made recently, and I assume that I have made some kind of configuration change that has broken the Artist Splitter.
Since this has started, I have upgraded to the latest MusicBee patch level, and this behavior continues. This happens with Mp3, and FLAC files. I can create screen captures of each step if this is not clear enough. Information in my signature is current.
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.4.8033, installed on C:\
Library on External drive;
285,125 Tracks, 17,922 Albums, 4252.94GB, 825d 14:11
Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear