Author Topic: Radio Algorithms For Local Music Library  (Read 2182 times)

Alsweider

I'd like to get an entertaining radio stream from my local music library. Just to listen along and without need of interaction. It should be based on universal rules which don't involve specific genres, because it should be applicable to everyone's library.

I have so far set up some auto playlists:

* Loved & Highest Rating
* Play count < 2
* Never listened before
* Lowest rating
* Unrated
* Last listened before 3 months & high rating
* Last listened before 3 months & low rating

These playlists I have combined with the playlist mixer to one radio station and gave them a numeric balancing. I basically want to find new & forgotten songs, review some old ratings, I don't want to get bored by always the same or lots of bad songs, I also want a lot of good songs. How could I improve this, do you use a similar system or have some other filter rules?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I've been tinkering with Playlists for ages attempting to create the perfect 'Pseudo Radio Station' using a variety of Auto-Playlists feeding a Playlist Mixer (thanks to MB), that churns out an uninterrupted stream of music, curated to fit my personal musical taste. I also use old Pirate Radio Station Jingles and 'sweeps' (from YouTube), for an authentic Radio sound....

[EDIT]

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21725.0

;D
Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:51:22 PM by DIVERSITY FM

Alsweider

That's a cool implementation, I think I will copy some of that. The final goal would be a real personalized radio stream. Adaptation to your taste works with star rating, though it would be even better if it could include skips (more skips = less plays & vice versa).

Alsweider

Thanks for the PM, I found the auto-playlist "exclude" very helpful, because without it I had to write these rules in every single playlist manually. I'm using it to exclude files without proper tags and non-music-files. I'm not sure if I understand your use of the grouping tag completely, though.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
......I'm not sure if I understand your use of the grouping tag completely, though.

Greetings.....

The GROUPING ID3 TAG is something I've made good use of for ages, it's nothing technical, just text entry into a TAG using EDIT on a track or tracks....
For example, I know the wife will hate a lot of my music, so for any tracks that I add to MB library that match the Genre: DUB-STEP, THRASH METAL, or 2-STEP-GARAGE - I highlight them all, and EDIT, then enter 'ONLY ME' into the 'GRPOUP' TAG....

Another way would be to select any artists she would hate, 'System of a Down' Slipknot, 'Deadmau5' etc. and add 'ONLY ME' to 'GROUPING' TAG
For any Auto-Playlist designed for general daily use, just add  'Grouping is not ONLY ME'
I use the same TAG to add 'WIFE' for all the stuff she likes that I don't, 'The Overtones' or 'Bubble'

PM me if you need any more details....

Best Regards:  ;)
Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:40:02 PM by DIVERSITY FM