Author Topic: listening to podcasts in published order  (Read 3180 times)

merlinsilk

I'm just getting started with MusicBee, coming from iTunes and iSync (to get stuff on my android phone).
All looks nice but I have a problem with a podcast.
I can get the episodes of that podcast into MB no problem and I can then sort the episodes by publishing date and see the sequence in which I have to listen to them.
But when I sync this podcast to my android phone that sorting is not carried over. I use rocket player on the phone and the only way I can see my podcast episodes, is in alphabetical order of the titles which is no indication of the sequence in which they were published.
Is there a way to get the episodes synched to my phone in publishing date order?
Thanks - Merlin

phred

• Global Moderator
It sounds to me like this is an issue with Rocket Player and not MB. Have you looked to see if Rocket will allow sorting of the episodes?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

merlinsilk

That might well be, I just never had to think about it when using iTunes/iSync. But I might have found a solution - even though it's an extra step - I can make a playlist in MB with the right sequence and move that over to Android. I just hoped that there would be a simpler way.
If I sync a playlist, will MB also move the files in the playlist or just the playlist file?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can also change the naming of your podcast files to include episode date.  The $Date function is helpful for standardization
Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:48:15 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
If I sync a playlist, will MB also move the files in the playlist or just the playlist file?
MB won't move anything. It will copy. And if the music file(s) in the playlist aren't already on the device, MB will copy them over.
So if you have a 10 track playlist and sync it, the playlist and the 10 tracks will be copied the first time. Then if you add or remove tracks from the playlist, those tracks will be add or removed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

merlinsilk

You can also change the naming of your podcast files to include episode date.  The $Date function is helpful for standardization

That would be a great way to do it - but where do I find and use that $Date function?

merlinsilk

MB won't move anything. It will copy. And if the music file(s) in the playlist aren't already on the device, MB will copy them over.
So if you have a 10 track playlist and sync it, the playlist and the 10 tracks will be copied the first time. Then if you add or remove tracks from the playlist, those tracks will be added or removed.

Very helpful - Thank you very much!
Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:14:40 PM by phred